Kiss Gig

Started by ianjm, May 12, 2010, 10:50:01 AM

Jim1970

Yes those were Great Times!! I got into Sabbath and Zeppelin right after as well.
I think Kids today kinda missed out because they now have the internet and Way too much at their Finger tips!!! I though it was so cool back then to Pick up a Magazine a read about your favorite Band. Those were magical times by Far!
JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

upsetminded

Whoa, Whoa Cuthbert....Kim Fowley wrote a song for Kiss??  Holy cow I learn so much cool trivia on this site. 

Big 1960/70's Kim Fowley solo fan.  The dude is far out.
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

cuthbert

Quote from: upsetminded on May 13, 2010, 09:35:43 AMWhoa, Whoa Cuthbert....Kim Fowley wrote a song for Kiss??  Holy cow I learn so much cool trivia on this site. 

Big 1960/70's Kim Fowley solo fan.  The dude is far out.

Hey upsetminded, fellow Kim Fowley fan here. Oh yeah, dude's way far out!  ;D

Yup, Kim co-wrote two songs for Kiss: 'King of the Nighttime World' and 'Do You Love Me', both on the 'Destroyer' album, which even as a kid were two of my favorite songs from that album.

Of course he wrote many songs for the Runaways, who I didn't ever listen to until a few years ago. Another great band, but they never got the recognition in their time.

cheers,
cuthbert
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Migs

Quote from: ianjm on May 12, 2010, 10:50:01 AMWent to see Kiss in Manchester on monday.  All I can say is  OMG They blew me away.  Bloody amazing gig..

I saw them here in Sydney about 3-4 years ago.  I rank that in the top 3 concerts I have ever been to.  Someone gave me tickets late in the day.  On my way to the concert (after rummaging through the back of  my closet to find my old black jeans and Kiss T-shirt) I was struggling to remember even the names of more than 3 songs.  Then something happened to the dark recesses of my wine addled brain during the concert.  I knew every word to every song.
Simply excellent concert.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Gnasty

Okay don`t get me wrong. I am a KISS fan. Only the real KISS though. I remember the first song i ever listened to on a 45 was God Of Thunder when i was 4. Hence why i love metal, but i love almost everything nowadays.
Anyways, I saw them i think in 98 when they got back together again for the "FINAL" tour. It was a good concert but honestly it wasn`t the same feeling i had of them when i was a kid and i`m thinking because they unmasked which when they did that you wish they left their makeup on.  :P
I just don`t think of them the same way at all.

I really think Gene made Kiss into Christmas. Waay too commercial. Oh!, and Paul Stanley should really come out of the closet one day.  Just my opinion. ::)

What was the question again??? Oh yeah Kissfest...I`m up for it, but please nothing after the unmasking. Vinnie Vincent BLEW!! LOL..and so did their songs!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

cuthbert

Quote from: Gnasty on May 13, 2010, 07:49:08 PMI really think Gene made Kiss into Christmas. Waay too commercial. Oh!, and Paul Stanley should really come out of the closet one day.  Just my opinion. ::)

What was the question again??? Oh yeah Kissfest...I`m up for it, but please nothing after the unmasking. Vinnie Vincent BLEW!! LOL..and so did their songs!!

:D  :D  :D

S'Okay by me, Gnasty...I stopped listening after 'Rock And Roll Over'...

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

hank987

cuthbert,
             What? Your not covering "Uh..All Night" or "Let's Put The X in Sex" ...your gonna pass up these gems?

launched

Quote from: Gnasty on May 13, 2010, 07:49:08 PMWhat was the question again??? Oh yeah Kissfest...I`m up for it, but please nothing after the unmasking. Vinnie Vincent BLEW!! LOL..and so did their songs!!

Ha, that is too funny, E! That phase of Kiss was horrible. But they made a shitpot full of money during that timeframe!

I have an old bargain bin "Nice Price" album with "Strutter" on it that I used to play quite a bit. But I always used to sing "Butter" instead. Thought it sounded better...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bob Iles

Sounds like a great idea to me. However, I get the feeling that Gene would somehow find out about it, and issue one of his draconian "cease and desist" orders. Just a sneaking suspicion I have.
You've only got 12 notes and however you mix them up is your thing. - Edward Van Halen

Jim1970

Yes, I think Gene might find out Also and have this forum Shutdown or Something.
Never put anything past someone who Sells a Casket with their Band Logo on it. LOL!!
Ace was always my Favorite Guy in Kiss anyway!!
Seems like he Is finally Sober and Enjoying himself playing for all his Fans!!
If anyone heard the New Kiss Cd Sonic Boom, They try so hard to reproduce the Singnature Ace Guitar Sound. it will just never be the Same Without Him in the Band.
Long Live Ace Frehley!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2tWsNqnfpk
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR