Off to see Glen Campbell in 15 mins....

Started by Greeny, May 10, 2010, 10:19:23 AM

Greeny

Quote from: chapperz66 on May 11, 2010, 01:55:09 AMDoes he still use an Ovation?  Or has he moved back to wooden guitars? 

He used a couple of Ovations last night too!

AndyR

Oh wow! Where was this???

I was so p1ssed off when my parents got to see him in the 70s but they didn't/couldn't take me (friends were taking them).

Witchita Lineman is good, but I'd have been wanting the following far more:

Where's the playground Susie
Galveston
Honey Come Back (Tele who?? :D)
If you go away
...The list could be endless!

I imagine he did the first two, mebbe three, but I would dearly love to have seen him do If You Go Away...

Nice one, you lucky, lucky boy... :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Greeny

Quote from: AndyR on May 11, 2010, 05:46:09 AMOh wow! Where was this???

I was so p1ssed off when my parents got to see him in the 70s but they didn't/couldn't take me (friends were taking them).

Witchita Lineman is good, but I'd have been wanting the following far more:

Where's the playground Susie
Galveston
Honey Come Back (Tele who?? :D)
If you go away
...The list could be endless!

I imagine he did the first two, mebbe three, but I would dearly love to have seen him do If You Go Away...

Nice one, you lucky, lucky boy... :)

It was at the Royal Festival Hall.

He did...

Galveston
By the time I get to Phoenix
Country Boy
Rhinestone Cowboy
Wichita Lineman
Southern Nights
Gentle on my Mind
Where's the Playground Susie
True Grit
William Tell Overture (some if played behind his head, Hendrix-style...)

And LOADS of others!

One of the unexpected highlights was this Jimmy Webb song that I'd never heard before...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2gw9x3Ufu8

64Guitars

Quote from: Greeny on May 11, 2010, 01:46:41 AMHe was playing a flashy blue Strat last night.

Was it this one with the offset pickups?

I think it's a G&L.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

That's the one! I wasn't close enough to see the Headstock!

Geir

Can't say I've listened much to Glen.

I do enjoy some Pat boone tho ::)
#Invalid YouTube Link#
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

ronhh

Hey!  Remember me?  Been awhile.  I love GC too.  His "Meet Glen Campbell" album from a couple of years ago was brilliant.  Hope you are doing well.  I see from my brief visit tonight that you're still making your music (all is right in the world).  Been playing but not recording.  A tough year and a half with my Dad's illness and 50 hours a week work.  But, hope to get a couple of postings in very (very) soon.  I hope you are playing for audiences who appreciate your enormous talent!
"Honest honey, this is the last guitar I'll ever buy"

Greeny

Quote from: ronhh on May 13, 2010, 07:08:22 PMHey!  Remember me?  Been awhile.  I love GC too.  His "Meet Glen Campbell" album from a couple of years ago was brilliant.  Hope you are doing well.  I see from my brief visit tonight that you're still making your music (all is right in the world).  Been playing but not recording.  A tough year and a half with my Dad's illness and 50 hours a week work.  But, hope to get a couple of postings in very (very) soon.  I hope you are playing for audiences who appreciate your enormous talent!

Hey! Great to hear from you! Sorry to hear about your Dad - must be difficult times. Work definitely gets in the way of music, so we can only do what we can. I struggle to keep up with everything life demands sometimes, but nothing will ever stop me writing and recording. I don't play live as much as I'd like, but I enjoy it when I can. I'm glad you have some songs to post soon, and let me know if you ever need any vocals. That's an open invitation!