Off to see Glen Campbell in 15 mins....

Started by Greeny, May 10, 2010, 10:19:23 AM

Greeny

Just waiting for 5:30pm before I make the short(ish) journey to where Glen Campbell is playing tonight. I can't believe I'm going to see one of my favourite songs (Wichita Lineman) being played live! I never thought that would happen  :)

Hope it's going to be a good show!

Ted

GC is quite a good guitarist too.  Ought to be good.

Speaking of geezers on tour: Last night I passed up a chance to see Leon Redbone in Loveland, Colorado.  I'm watching on YouTube right now to determine whether I should regret that.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Jim1970

Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

Wichita Lineman - now that is a good song. And I'm not embarrassed to admit it!   ;) ;) ;) :)

Ferryman

Hmm, not really my cup of tea but have fun. Off to see Pendulum later this month, trying not to look like an old unfashionable fogey. Whereas you may look a little young for the GC crowd....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

QuoteWichita Lineman - now that is a good song. And I'm not embarrassed to admit it!
one of the best songs ever written imho.
and the line "And I need you more than want you
                    And I want you for all time."
best line ever written.
a pure belter. jimmy webb rules ok.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

lg

Hear, hear ORh!
I couldn't agree more!
Here's to Glenn.....
Drink up lads.....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

launched

Ha, I couldn't help it. I'm just jealous is all.

Did he play that cool Fender for the "bass" solo?
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

He was awesome. I'm still a bit overawed actually. His voice was so strong and pure, and there was plenty of guitar playing from him. I thought it was magnificent when he did 'Southern Nights', but hearing him do 'Wichita Lineman' was almost too emotional. It was one of the greatest things I've ever experienced hearing him sing that and play the guitar part so beautifully. He was playing a flashy blue Strat last night.

He had his young son on drums, his young daughter on banjo / guitar / keys, and another daughter on backing vocals. The musical talent flying around was incredible. He even slipped in a Foo Fighters cover!

I won't forget this one in a hurry.

chapperz66

Does he still use an Ovation?  Or has he moved back to wooden guitars?