Onions by henwrench

Started by henwrench, May 10, 2010, 07:45:04 AM

cuthbert

I am late to this party - sorry about that.

Another great tune, henwrench - downloaded straightaway after that first uke strum. This one echoes glam rock back to me - I could imagine T. Rex performing this on TOTP in an alternate universe.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Geir

Quote from: cuthbert on May 11, 2010, 11:43:22 AMThis one echoes glam rock back to me - I could imagine T. Rex performing this on TOTP in an alternate universe.
I second that, but (can't believe I'm saying this .. I'm a big T.Rex fan) I would really prefer hearing YOU sing it on TOTP in an alternate universe!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gritter

I love it...superb sound all around. excellent harmonies...bloody fantastic and catchy as hell! You iz da mang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

henwrench

I'm pleased people picked up on the glam vibe. As I was constructing this little horror, I was trying to nail together an Alice Cooper/Ian Dury/Chas 'n' Dave bastardboy. It may have worked!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: henwrench on May 12, 2010, 05:06:50 AMI'm pleased people picked up on the glam vibe. As I was constructing this little horror, I was trying to nail together an Alice Cooper/Ian Dury/Chas 'n' Dave bastardboy. It may have worked!!

henwrench

The mighty Chas and Dave. Oh yeah! The pic is from when my son and I met them

Quote from: Geir on May 11, 2010, 12:55:55 PM(can't believe I'm saying this .. I'm a big T.Rex fan)

Don't be ashamed! Bolan is the God of rock! I sent some excited texts to Mike and James a few months ago because I met Harry Feld (Marc Bolan's brother) on my way to the Isle of Wight. He's a ticker collector on the ferry!

Greeny

This song gets better and better with each listen. It's fast becoming a classic!

pjd1

Loved this Henwrench !!! very original and the uke is cool as hell !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Greeny

ON10N_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
As per Henny's kind invitation, I've added a little bit of Greeny to the mix. Just a touch  :)

Hope it's OK!

What a song this is.

Oldrottenhead

im a happy bunny to hear such a beautiful spring onion.  oops spellcheck union.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Wonderful finishing touch Tim, on an already great song..!:!.  The onions are in bloom baby!...  Great work Henwrench & Greeny!  What a catchy flippin tune this is.......,,,.......
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)