Swing Low

Started by Black Mary, May 10, 2010, 03:19:19 AM

Black Mary

SL3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Just rattled the lead off to this to complete it. So much time, so few songs to record...... Reverse that ;D.

Recorded on the BR600
Guitars - Ibanez Performer - COSM effect 16 Hi Gain
Bass - Rickenbacker copy - COSM effect 7 MS Stack
Drums - Roland V-Lite - kit2
Mic - Tandy bargain bucket - effects Boss DS1 & DD3
Lead - COSM effect 16 & Cry Baby Wahwah

Swing Low

Oh Lord it's the only way I know,
And down is the only way I'll go,

Chorus.
Don't need no witness baby I'm a drinkin' man,
Swing Low,
Comin' for to carry me home.

I don't need the answer Oh my friend,
And I will not testify my sin,

Chorus,
Lead,

Look into my soul Jesus it's died,
Got no revelations Oh Lord I've tried,

Chorus X2

Thanks for listening. Phew glad that's finished. Time to get down to real business now and think of another song for the plugged in fest ;D
kingliggermusic

pjd1

You got it BM , what ever it is you got it !! love the offbeat timing in this song , it rocks and your,e vocals are Awesome , guitar playing is Some of the best i have heard on this site you,re timing and phrasing is second to none !! You Rock !!!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Black Mary

Quote from: PJD1 on May 10, 2010, 03:24:27 AMYou got it BM , what ever it is you got it !! love the offbeat timing in this song , it rocks and your,e vocals are Awesome , guitar playing is Some of the best i have heard on this site you,re timing and phrasing is second to none !! You Rock !!!

Dunny
Cheers friend. That is one mighty big compliment. Yeah it was a funny timing to try and think of a melody to. That took the longest time. Glad U liked it ;D
kingliggermusic

tom r

This is one mean mother of a song, Black Mary. Keep on rockin :-)

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

chapperz66

Greta stuff.  Love it.  Really powerfull guitar sound.

Paul

OsCKilO

This is Killer!!!!!!

Freaking Killer!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tony W

I made the mistake of reading the lyrics before the song started, and I formed the opinion that this would be an Allman Brothers type song. Well, I certainly wasn't disappointed in this kick ass rocker. Well done.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Superb. I can't do stuff like this myself, but I sure like listening to it. I love everything about it... the mean & angry-sounding guitars, the vox and the lyrics. You sing it like you mean it. Totally kick-ass rock.

Gnasty

Damn!! This is freakin awesome Mary!! Great job on then damned drums...

My kind of music!! Love it!!

I`m guessing your a BLS and Pride & Glory fan?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

SE

Mean, moody rocker, really love that riff it really drills into your head, great tune
recorder
Boss BR-80