B. O. S. S.

Started by henwrench, May 06, 2010, 05:27:40 AM

henwrench

On my desktop, I have a folder named 'Best Of Songcrafters'. I think y'all can guess what goes in here...
As more and more top quality music is being posted, I've decided to simply reply with the response BOSS (Best Of Songcrafters Selected) if said tune has found a home on my computer.
Only the best tunes get played in henwrench Towers, so see if you get a BOSS soon!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: henwrench on May 06, 2010, 05:27:40 AMOn my desktop, I have a folder named 'Best Of Songcrafters'. I think y'all can guess what goes in here...
As more and more top quality music is being posted, I've decided to simply reply with the response BOSS (Best Of Songcrafters Selected) if said tune has found a home on my computer.
Only the best tunes get played in henwrench Towers, so see if you get a BOSS soon!!

henwrench

Cool! You need a groovy little icon you can post for this!

I have a much more mundane system which involves having a folder on my pc called called 'Songs for Load', lol

Gnasty

Seeing this thread after the fact of me seeing BOSSa couple times.I thought it was some weird gangsta thing you came up with Hen ,or you bought yourself a new BOSSpedal.

Cool idea!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

henwrench

Got the icon....

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i have folders for loads
 including 48, 64guitars, blooby, bluesberry, bodie, indierik, covermark, damian, diego, ferryman , gritter, hardlock, henwrench, hooper,mike, launched, geir, greg, guitarron, osckilo, satchwood, posc, redler, rockgirl, collaborations i'm involved in thats a biggy, as is my jemimas kite folder. i need to invest in a larger piepod.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

Beats this

Downloaded
Incredible
Creatively
Killer
Songs

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Tony, are you an editor for The Chronicle by any chance?   ;)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: henwrench on May 06, 2010, 05:27:40 AMOn my desktop, I have a folder named 'Best Of Songcrafters'. I think y'all can guess what goes in here...

Couple of tips:

I noticed you used the following BBCode to highlight the word BOSS in red:

[color=red]B[/color][color=red]O[/color][color=red]S[/color][color=red]S[/color]

You don't need to wrap each individual letter in color tags. You can wrap whole words or sentences instead. So this code...

[color=red]BOSS[/color]

... will result in this: BOSS

I would suggest that you use the abbr tags as well. This stands for 'abbreviation' and it allows you to show the expanded definition when the user moves his mouse over it. Here's the code for your 'BOSS' abbreviation:

[color=red][abbr=Best Of Songcrafters Selected]BOSS[/abbr][/color]

And it looks like this: BOSS   (place your mouse pointer over it)

Alternatively, you could simply make 'BOSS' a link to this topic so that people can come here to find out what it means.

[url=http://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=7254.msg93887#msg93887][color=red]BOSS[/color][/url]

... will result in this: BOSS       (clicking it will take you to the top of this topic)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

OsCKilO

What is it with Muso's and secret letter codes....?   ::)

[soundclick]8898079[/soundclick]

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy