First Song on my Micro BR - 'Elderflower & Midnight'

Started by Greeny, September 01, 2008, 02:32:44 AM

Greeny

:) Thankyou!

Totally agree with you, Mach - good songs should stand up on their own, without the need for over-elaboration. Working in 4 tracks means I really have to think about what I'm laying down, and the best way to deliver the sound I'm after. Good discipline!

I learned a lot about simplicity when I started performing in pubs and open mic sessions etc. When you strip a song down to just  guitar and vocals, you really find out if it stands up to scrutiny. Every time I write a song now I ask myself whether it will pass the 'live' test - i.e. still sound good stripped down.

SteveG

"Play for the song" Been said many times but is very true, and this is a fine example of why. Nice job mate.

guitarron

good song-good production-you have have a pleasant voice

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mudhut

Keep on rocking in the free world :)

Bigsky

This is a great song, very nicely mixed and the vocals are wonderful. For your first attempt on the BR you did a great job, I look forward to hearing more.

Greeny

Thanks for the comments everyone - really appreciated. Especially on the vocals front, as I've never been entirely happy with my voice. The mic on the BR has done a good job with them though, which is a nice confidence booster. I'll never be Jeff Buckley though!

AlchemyMN

Nicely done.  Great song, great mix, very creative use of effects!

Greeny

Looking for the right mix of sound / tone / effect is always the fun part for me. A real journey of discovery every time. And because I'm new to the BR, everything is fresh and exciting again.

Happy days!  ;D

Facemask93

Looking back once more , i find another Gem , this time its Greeny , WOW what a song , it seems like you've always been good at songwriting mate , and the voice is better than ever---- have you ever heard of ( The Dog that bit people ) because this is what i hear when i listen to this song , so good-- i think i'm going to make my own Greeny CD out of all of your songs and listen to it for inspiration , well done mate

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Dmann

Yup I remember listening to this during my first few visits to the site. Was totally blown away and was a real eye opener of the possiblities with the MicroBR.

Fast forward a few months now and I think Tim could have a box set of CD's now just from the microBR sessions, hehe.