What are your musical pet peeves?

Started by Saijinn Maas, May 03, 2010, 02:06:04 AM

Gu Djin

This post will only cause me trouble I'm sure.   As far as music and life I do what I can and don't take myself, or others at face value, or even too seriously.  I've got a tough hide and can usually shrug off wisecracks and cynicism.

However, after carefully working out a gentle acoustic guitar piece, some all-knowing wise-cracking  **** comes along and says, " It'll sound better with some drums in there".    

No, it doesn't work! I've tried the count to ten thing  

I just want to scream  "If I'd wanted ******* drums, I would have put ******* drums in.  It's a ******* acoustic guitar piece you moronic ******* **** head!!!!".  

But I don't! I'm polite - so I smile and say "Yes, I'll give it some thought for the next version".

Peeved of Newark UK.
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

upsetminded

I frustrate myself often as my memory is a little short (from University years)...I will come up with a great tune, melody and great riff in my head...Only to have someone point out when I play it that it is a popular song that more often than not, probably woke me up one morning on my clock radio.
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

Gu Djin

Not a musical peeve so much - but definitely a peeve to do with music recording.

Waddington International Air show - the RAF's show piece.  And who do you think lives under the end of the display flight and preparation flight path.  You might think living close to one of the major airports is noisy, but at least they have controls.  These military jets have no such restriction, so I'll have to put my recording gear away 'til next week and enjoy the display.

Wow there we go - Er it sounds like the Red Arrows - it's definitely some jets in formation.  ******* low cloud cover.  If it's like this today before the show starts - What's it going to like on saturday - Bloody clouds it's Son et Lumiere without the lumiere.  That sounds as though it might be the Lancaster, maybe not, I can't see clearly.   Mutter mutter mutter mutter!!!

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Gu Djin

Thinking back it could be a lot worse.  We used to live close to Scampton  when the Vulcan bombers were operational - right at the end of their operational flight path.  Now they were noisy buggers - made the ground tremble.  At least they didn't do what the Red Arrows did while they were there.  One dropped by to visit some locals in our village, literally, took the roof off the house.  Another one pancaked into a field  too close for comfort.  Gave some thrilling free displays though when they were rehearsing.

Leigh

Greeny

I remember the WW2 planes flying over our house as a kid on their way to the nearby Farnborough airshow. Quite a thrill in those days. I can imagine it's annoying when you're recording though!

Rata-tat-tat

Being a drummer in a rock band with 2 guitar players who think it is productive to go over their twin leads time and time again until they get it right or the drummer passes out from boredom or alcohol (Both have the same affect)... only to have them tell you "You aren't hitting that crash right" or "it's too fast" or "too slow"... This will most certainly cause me to play really loud. Especially when you are trying to instruct me how to play my instrument. Drummers can noodle too when they get bored.

Just kiddin guitar players... noodling... It's not just for guitar players anymore.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Migs

Wait - that can't be fair.  You get to noodle and paradiddle ?
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Rata-tat-tat

Migs... LMAO... I must go practice the... Noodlediddle.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

OsCKilO

I hate it when the sound guy doesn't know how to work the desk at a performance........

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Migs

Quote from: OsCKilO on August 09, 2010, 05:15:05 PMI hate it when the sound guy doesn't know how to work the desk at a performance........

Agreed.  Walked out of a gig on Saturday night because of this.  You could ONLY hear the drums.  Clearly vocals and guitars weren't important.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !