What are your musical pet peeves?

Started by Saijinn Maas, May 03, 2010, 02:06:04 AM

Donkeydoo

Thought I would post that might be interesting but would like to keep it to music otherwise I could think of a million things.  To start with.

Why does my wife eat all my picks in the hoover.

My guitar sounds out of tune but upon tuning really it isn't, it's my crap playing.

You have a wife that hoovers?  ;D  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

Quote from: Donkeydoo on June 10, 2010, 04:07:26 AMMy guitar sounds out of tune but upon tuning really it isn't, it's my crap playing.
Don't worry, it's impossibe to tune a guitar!! But, there's a solution to that now:
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=4123.msg46653#msg46653
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Saijinn Maas

Since that thread, I have also found something else that compensates for the normal tuning irregularities. The Earvana Compensated Nut. Much cheaper than the Tempered Fretboard. They can be found online for around $25 - $40 dollar if I am remembering correctly. If fact, some makers, like ESP, have started putting them on some of their guitars now.

peterp

One of my primary peeves is
almost as soon as I pick up an instrument, "She who must be obeyed" is calling wanting something or other done.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Tony W

Quote from: peterp on June 16, 2010, 09:44:18 PMOne of my primary peeves is
almost as soon as I pick up an instrument, "She who must be obeyed" is calling wanting something or other done.

wow, that's right at the top of my list.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

That reminds me...

I'll get everything set up. Start doing some run throughs for arrangement. Two hours and all is quiet, the wife keeps to herself and gives me some space. AS SOON AS I HIT THAT RECORD BUTTON...  THAT is when she wants to start talking to me.  ::)    >:( 

Donkeydoo

100% agree with Saijinn if it aint the wife its the son or even the bloody Cats.  Just had an airplane going overhead as well which the mic got when I was writing this.  Need a room covered in egg boxes (their plastic now damn) and a big red light to show I am attempting to record.

T.C. Elliott

I thought about installing a light fixture on the outside of the door to this room with a red bulb and a pull string from the inside. Or maybe a plexiglass spray painted sign saying ON AIR with a red bulb behind it. That'd be cool... but too much work for what it's worth. I'd always forget to hit the light anyway.

I'm fairly lucky. I do get the worst timed interruptions but for the most part if the door is closed they'll be real quiet and ask if I'm recording... of course their asking if I'm recording will be picked up if I'm on mic.. but at least it's a polite muss up.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

antisocialworker

I hate when people mention "this song" in their songs...
come to think of it, Im sure ive done it myself...
pet my peeve.