What are your musical pet peeves?

Started by Saijinn Maas, May 03, 2010, 02:06:04 AM

Gritter

Having to take my hat off to record with headphones...I feel I perform better with it on.

FuzzFace

Quote from: Gritter on May 03, 2010, 11:24:04 AMHaving to take my hat off to record with headphones...I feel I perform better with it on.

Same goes for sunglasses.

64Guitars

Quote from: Ferryman on May 03, 2010, 11:13:20 AMI have no peeves about muscial pets. I think they're great.

That made me laugh out loud!  :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

I find that i am in weird places when i think of my tunes and the inspiration comes out!! And i always don`t have a pen and paper with me...DOH!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

launched

Quote from: Gnasty on May 03, 2010, 05:17:34 PMI find that i am in weird places when i think of my tunes and the inspiration comes out!! And i always don`t have a pen and paper with me...DOH!!

Yep, I've been there. I've forgotten more than I've put to paper. Maybe that's a good thing!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gnasty

Quote from: launched on May 03, 2010, 09:36:39 PM
Quote from: Gnasty on May 03, 2010, 05:17:34 PMI find that i am in weird places when i think of my tunes and the inspiration comes out!! And i always don`t have a pen and paper with me...DOH!!

Yep, I've been there. I've forgotten more than I've put to paper. Maybe that's a good thing!

Sometimes it`s good and bad. But sometimes i`ll forget something and remember it days or weeks later. And it turns out to be the best stuff.
 I guess its the sub-conscious that brings it out. It is for me anyways. I love it!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Gnasty on May 03, 2010, 09:48:27 PM

Sometimes it`s good and bad. But sometimes i`ll forget something and remember it days or weeks later. And it turns out to be the best stuff.
 I guess its the sub-conscious that brings it out. It is for me anyways. I love it!

I may have it wrong, and I am sure someone will correct me, but wasn't Paul McCartney who said something about NOT recording or writing down ideas. If you don't remember them later, that it probably wasn't good enough.    ???   Something like that...

Rata-tat-tat

My wife yankin my earbuds out... cause I can't hear her yelling at me.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

AndyR

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on May 03, 2010, 10:32:20 PM
Quote from: Gnasty on May 03, 2010, 09:48:27 PM

I may have it wrong, and I am sure someone will correct me, but wasn't Paul McCartney who said something about NOT recording or writing down ideas. If you don't remember them later, that it probably wasn't good enough.    ???   Something like that...

I was getting ready to say something like that... I was thinking it was Phil Lynot of Thin Lizzy, but it could easily have been Paul McCartney.

I kind of subscribe to it, but only when the ideas are flowing freely... when you're a bit short on inspiration, and you can't remember that "brilliant" idea from just before you had to go and do the shopping... it's a bit of a bummer :D

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on May 03, 2010, 11:08:42 PMMy wife yankin my earbuds out... cause I can't hear her yelling at me.

:D My wife doesn't yank mine out (she doesn't yell at me, actually, either)... but she does experience some of the same frustrations... especially because I can't seem to help looking annoyed when she needs to talk to me and I'm listening to something else... (I'm never actually annoyed, I just look it, and I know I do!!)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: AndyR on May 04, 2010, 01:57:07 AM:D My wife doesn't yank mine out (she doesn't yell at me, actually, either)... but she does experience some of the same frustrations... especially because I can't seem to help looking annoyed when she needs to talk to me and I'm listening to something else... (I'm never actually annoyed, I just look it, and I know I do!!)

My wife does the same thing... except that I actually look annoyed because I am annoyed. what's funny is that I am not annoyed at the interruption. If she would tap me on the shoulder to get my attention that would be great. But to turn and see someone already talking to you like you were part of the conversation?  LOL  I just look at her and shrug, then she realizes that I didn't hear anything she said. :/