recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

ODH

The original's a great song, this is a great version.  It's a yes from me.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

SwanSong

HI Cuthert great song . normally i dont listen to this type of gender
but u held my attention very well . great cover. to bad u couldnt
have imitated a real dog. next song that needs one ive got  jack
russel will bark on the song for u lol. great stuff NEIL !

SE

recorder
Boss BR-80

StephenM

well, I found it...glad I did!

for me not knowing the band I could hear this as a lost Cars track.  I gotta think they must have been listening to this band...if this ain't very Ric Ocasek like I don't know what is..
super stuff...love that almost buried fuzz guitar
wicked cool vocals!  those keyboards at the end nail it down...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

cuthbert

Thanks for bumping this old chestnut, Stephen!

Quote from: StephenM on April 12, 2022, 10:22:30 AMI gotta think they must have been listening to this band...if this ain't very Ric Ocasek like I don't know what is..

I agree - I'm pretty sure The Cars were fans of Iggy & The Stooges. And I was a fan of The Cars years before I'd heard any of Iggy's songs. Anyway, I'll post a link to one of their covers of a later Iggy song in the What are you listening to right now? thread...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

BerryPatch

This is an awesome cover Cuthbert! It has a lot of the original's features but it also feels unique with the acoustic guitar and synth. I love the "Lou Reeding" of this track vocally and yes it also does sound like later Iggy as well. Loved hearing this!

Zoltan

Yes! That vocal sound is certainly happening! The vocal takes the cake, but the backing ain't a slouch either. You've really captured the essence of the song and added a touch of your own into it also.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ted

I love the delivery on this. It sounds like someone who took his time to consider his options, and concluded that the timing was right to be someone's dog. This is not an impulsive decision. But the inflection on "Oh, come on!" sounds slightly disappointed, suggesting that the other person is not convinced they should adopt a pet.

The OTD jukebox is particularly amazing today. I go there to find songs I've never heard before, but there are lots of songs I've heard before, even downloaded to my piPod. But I had to pick one, and this was it!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac