Punkfest: I Wanna Be Your Dog...cuthbert covers The Stooges

Started by cuthbert, May 02, 2010, 10:00:38 PM

Greeny

Oh yes. I'm digging this one. Such a great song. You lose some of the original's rawness, but make up with it by adding a hypnotic sheen. Almost psychedelic vocals. I really enjoyed this. And all that fluttering weirdness at the end is great. You could have taken that on for another minute or so!

Gary F

Nice job!!! Your vocals were really good!!!Great playing!! Some cool sounds going on here!!Good mix!!
Gary

Satchwood

Great cover cuth, i really dig your voice!!  Great job !
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Geir

Fantasic cover Cuthbert !!

You had me captured from the first beat. And when your voice came in this was an instant hit to me !! Amazing production!

Did I say I liked the vox? I loved it !!! :D

Great work !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

cuthbert

Thanks Tim - I guess my listening habits tend to inform my productions! I've always loved psychedelic music from the first time I heard it, and a dose of cold synth-pop a la Kraftwerk often complements it. :) You and Nigel both suggested extending the electronic warbling and I may well do that or work something similar into a later recording.

Geir - thanks for your kind comments! That means a lot to me coming from someone as talented as yourself. And Tommy, Gary F, Dave, Rob and Kari - thanks to you all for your kind words that give me so much encouragement.

On a related topic, I had a bit of a synchronicity moment tonight. I went to see 'The Runaways' movie with a friend, and what do you think was in the movie soundtrack? None other than the original classic 'I Wanna Be Your Dog' by The Stooges, which was played during a particularly, um, interesting scene in the movie - no spoilers from me!  :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

andy casson

Oh yes! Fnatastic take on a classic! First heard it at Live Aid, but for the life of me I can't remember who did it - deffo not Iggy. Cuthbert this is pure class, love it, and I wish my recordings turned out half as well!

andy

henwrench

:-* :-*

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann