Southern Progressive Rock!!? (Lynyrd Skynyrd by way of Alan Parsons)

Started by Blooby, May 02, 2010, 11:52:43 AM

Greeny

What can I say? It's another Blooby masterclass. A total classic. Tastefully done, beautifully toned and balanced, and so much depth for the listener to dive into. Awesome doesn't really cover it. As always, I'm in awe.

chapperz66

Great stuff Blooby.  There's nothing wrong with a bit of polysynth in my book though - but I guess I would say that wouldn't I?

Paul

Geir

Fanbloobytastic !!!!

Anotherone for my Blooby folder. Great dynamic playing.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

lg

;D :o ::) ;D

Oh yeah,
I sure dig these Blooby jams!!!!
I always feel so much better, after I get my Blooby fix.
No, seriously now, I really do very much enjoy these
practice 'jam' sessions that you post of your band.
You guys sound so professional, and your guitar skills
are to die for. And your keyboardist/vocalist rocks!!!!
I wonder if you enjoy these half as much as me, or if
you get all self-critical as sometimes I do of our stuff....LOL
Well, anywho, long live the MOO....

LG

p.s. by the way, there's ice-cold brews in the ice chest....
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Gnasty

Wow Bloob,

This is terrific in every aspect of the song. Great vader intro with the voals and wicked geetar solos.

Beautiful Tune!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Blooby

Thank you, all, very much for your supportive comments.

Quote from: lg on May 07, 2010, 02:56:25 PMI wonder if you enjoy these half as much as me, or if you get all self-critical as sometimes I do of our stuff....LOL

I don't think I'm hyper-critical, but I must say I'm surprised at the many favorable comments this one garnered.  It was, after all, a lark (a whole other kettle of weasels?).  We have our good moments, but I still cringe at a sour note or flat vocal delivery.  

On the plus side, I went to an open mic on Wednesday, and I realized that MoO sounded substantially better than the house band.  And when I got up to perform, it dawned on me (in most fervent reaction to what was being played) that in MoO, Everett (guitarist) and myself have a nice synergy.  We have dialed back a lot of gain and worked hard to not clutter up the music.  The open mic was a sonic battle just to be heard.  The other guitarist was playing blocky power chords or strumming harshly 100 percent of the time. The ironic part came later when after suffering through 6-7 songs (with an intermission in the middle of song 6 when a fight broke out), they asked me to join the band.  Nice validation but I think not.

In the Museum of Oddities, I am impressed that we can take a new song and make it sound reasonably good very fast; however, we never seem to improve upon the song.  We've played The Allman Brother's "Dreams" probably 10-12 times by now, and my favorite version is the second time we played it.  I can be forgiving of this because we only get together once every three to five weeks or so, and there is no sense of urgency to improve (no gigs).  I can very safely say that nobody practices the songs ever in between our little jams, but such is life.  It's a good bunch of guys, and I get to play some guitar and drink a lot of Guinness when we get together.  I'm thankful for that (although it was no easy feat to gather the necessary guys and gear).  

Done rambling now.

Blooby

dasilvasings

recorder
Boss Micro BR