PunkFest "Kick Out The Brits"

Started by FuzzFace, April 29, 2010, 08:23:44 PM

FuzzFace

Kick Out The Brits
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I hope your tastes for both irony and anarchy are intact.

This is Punkfest after all.

I wrote this from the perspective of a 1980s English punk rocker making a commentary on who knows what (à la Sid Vicous).

I first saw the title spray-painted on a wall in the movie Patriot Games, and the song wrote itself.  I couldn't help it.

Ok, that's enough apologizing in advance.

Enjoy!

Ferryman

I went straight to this as the title intrigued me, it sounds like great fun but as I don't hear too well I couldn't make out all the lyrics. It's a great little punk rocker, I really enjoyed it. I would have loved you to have doubled up that rhythm guitar, but the energy comes through nicely as it is!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Another belter. You are in fine form! So punk it hurts. I love the rawness of the guitar and the spot-on vocal stylings. Oh yes.

Tony W

I about jumped out of my chair when the vocals started, I thought somebody was behind me. Doubling up on the rhythm guitar would add a ton of depth to it like Nigel suggested. Pan the tracks wide left and right.

I was a bit hesitant about clicking on this song, the title is a little bold for an international forum. Regardless of the title, its an energetic song and a good listen.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

FuzzFace

I know it's a potentially offensive title.
I tried lightening it, but any softening made the song impotent.

In the end I just yeilded and did what the song told me to do.  

I gave it what it needed and then I sent it off to school.

When you say "double-up the guitar", does that mean record the same power chords on another channel?

Tony W

That, or you could copy the rhythm track and paste it to a second track.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

FuzzFace

I will definitely give it a whirl.
I like learning all these fancy little recording techniques.

Ferryman

Best to play the rhythm again in another channel and pan them wide left and right. If you just double up the same one you will get a mono recording, ie it will sound like it's all in the middle.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

fun and funny...messy punk - as it should be. Some bass on there would bring it to the next level.

SE

Hey really punky, really raw as it should be, personally I would record another guitar part and pan it left 50 and as Gritter,s said add a thumping bass line just to drive it along, nice track.
recorder
Boss BR-80