hand

Started by FuzzFace, April 29, 2010, 12:54:57 PM

launched

Quote from: Tony W on April 30, 2010, 06:51:38 AMI think we should sample several different farts. Some of my favorite are sitting on a wooden seat bare ass, great bass tones with moderate percussion.

I think that's where the "lead fart in church" came from. The pews weren't always padded, you know.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

FuzzFace

I knew this question would lead to some form of enlightenment.

Bluesberry

To go along with Fuzz's original question, and to try to get this back on track, back to some culture and art.  What would be the sound of one cheek farting, and how would be the best way of recording such a angelic sound.  I think Marks sensible precaution of an underwear barrier is still required, maybe just not as much material is needed, perhaps a thong barrier for the one cheek fart.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Quote from: Bluesberry on April 30, 2010, 08:09:39 AMWhat would be the sound of one cheek farting, and how would be the best way of recording such a angelic sound.  I think Marks sensible precaution of an underwear barrier is still required, maybe just not as much material is needed, perhaps a thong barrier for the one cheek fart.

I think you're getting somewhere with that. A thong barrier should be sufficient to get the job done.

With a one cheek fart, I believe mic placement would be a big concern. This setup undoubtedly will result in more false readings, and the mic should be placed far enough away to avoid the residual carnage, but close enough to capture a lush midrange with crisp highs and an earth shaking bottom end.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Dmann

Quote from: launched on April 30, 2010, 08:30:10 AM
Quote from: Bluesberry on April 30, 2010, 08:09:39 AMWhat would be the sound of one cheek farting, and how would be the best way of recording such a angelic sound.  I think Marks sensible precaution of an underwear barrier is still required, maybe just not as much material is needed, perhaps a thong barrier for the one cheek fart.

I think you're getting somewhere with that. A thong barrier should be sufficient to get the job done.

With a one cheek fart, I believe mic placement would be a big concern. This setup undoubtedly will result in more false readings, and the mic should be placed far enough away to avoid the residual carnage, but close enough to capture a lush midrange with crisp highs and an earth shaking bottom end.

ROFLMAO!

Saijinn Maas

I know the br600 can do this, not sure about the others... If you are going through the trouble of "collecting" different tones, the br600 has the tone load to use with the drums. Load each sound representing a different drum, and they should work with any of the patterns (if I am understanding its use right). Then, you can just fire away!

64Guitars

"It's A Gas! - The Sequel (sounds from the other end)"

Here's the original...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J-LvMxKvFY

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

BuleriaChk

Quote from: FuzzFace on April 29, 2010, 12:54:57 PMIs there an effect to add the sound of 1 hand clapping?

I don't know about anyone else, but I just go to my sample collection and drag the sound of half a handclap over to my DAW...

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-900
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
V-Studio 20
recorder
Boss BR-80

kernowkid

That's what amazes me here - how has anyone discovered how to create a handclap on the MBR?

As for recording farts - shouldn't we record through the MBR rather than on it just in case of follow through?

Ted

47247__alphahog__Poem_with_farts
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Wow. Now I know what I'm missing when I focus my attention only on the jukeboxes.

This MP3 is not my work. For some reason that seems less gross.

I found it on Freesound.  And, yes, there were many samples of farts there.

A Poem About Farts
Poem about farts with effects from zippi1

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac