MP3 player suggestions??

Started by Vanncad, April 28, 2010, 04:03:06 PM

Vanncad

Thanks again for all the info guys.
I think I'm gonna check out the Creative players.

I don't think I need a touch screen, but maybe I should stay up with "the times" eh?.

Damn - I've still got a 28" T.V.!!

Hey ORH - how did your screens "crack"?. Was it just from normal use?
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Geir

Quote from: Vanncad on April 29, 2010, 04:26:05 PMHey ORH - how did your screens "crack"?. Was it just from normal use?
Second that question. The main reason for my satisfaction with the iPod nano is the robustness of it. I have it in my pocket all the time, including backpocket. That mean it get a lot of heat and pressure from time to time ::)

The other reason is the ease of use. And playlists ... and free podcasts of some of my favourite radio shows. Like Ted I mainly buy CDs ( well lately, I just get most of the music I listen to here !) so iTunes store isn't a big issue. The main problem is that you need iTunes installed to tank the iPod with music.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

I play drums and keyboard on my Ipod touch Vanncad.....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Tony W on April 29, 2010, 08:23:56 AMThere are applications out there that will convert your itunes purchases into standard MP3's.

Really? I used jHymn once or twice, and then Apple learned how to thwart it. When I upgraded iTunes to version 7, jHymn couldn't convert anymore.

I still have a few AAC files with DRM that I'd like to convert. If you know of something that can help, let me know.  (I mean, other than the classic burn-and-rip-back method, or the cheesy play-in-real-time-while-recording-from-the-sound-card method.)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

my zens cracked for a number of reasons.

1st one was dropped from a great height

2nd on i stood on it

but third was weird i think it was cos i left a warm house and went out into sub zero temperatures

buti might have dropped it i was very very drunk
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 29, 2010, 05:36:43 PMmy zens cracked for a number of reasons.

1st one was dropped from a great height

2nd on i stood on it

but third was weird i think it was cos i left a warm house and went out into sub zero temperatures

buti might have dropped it i was very very drunk

Done all of the above with my iPod nano ...
still alive !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

T.C. Elliott

I've had an IPod for 4 years. The new one is the 160gb one and I can hold all the music my computer on it. I too hate Itunes. BUT once you spend all the time organizing it you get the benefit of having an organized library. But it is super time consuming in many ways. But I love having all my ID3 tags properly in place.. I'm kind of anal about it.

I thought I read that the DRM or whatever Apple was using was going to stop and that now if you buy songs from itunes store it can be played wherever. I could be wrong though. My daughter buys from them so maybe I can double check her most recent purchases.

The bad thing about the IPOD is if you lose your computer and want to download the stuff all the files are given messed up names so you cant just pull off the ones you want or whatever. BUT, the id3 tags *might* be intact so you could just load them up in your favorite music player and it'd still recognize them. I'm unsure on that, though.

I bought a ZEN for my daughter and it didn't last long at all. Was cheap in price and cheap in quality. But that was a lower end model a couple of years ago. She's got an IPod nano now and loves it.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Ferryman

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 29, 2010, 05:36:43 PMbuti might have dropped it i was very very drunk

Thank you Sir Rowley Birkin QC......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

hic, you know since i got my cheapo fake chinese piepod im tempted to go for a real ipod touch. what is the build quality like on them
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

boldward

Google the Aura 2GB MP4 Player and read the spec. Cheers!
recorder
Boss BR-864