New OsCKilO Albums out for Free DownLoad

Started by OsCKilO, April 28, 2010, 07:38:45 AM

OsCKilO

Quote from: Gnasty on May 02, 2010, 09:21:34 AM
Quote from: OsCKilO on May 02, 2010, 09:20:36 AMCanada is cool!

Always wanted to go there!!!

Have you Got Jerky there?

Of course we do!.... Ever have Turkey Jerky??

Tip....

Don't search for "Turkey Jerky" on Google images with the safe search off.....

"What is seen cannot be unseen.."
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

danieldesete

Congratulations Tharek I don't know how you've done all that fabulous music. Your talent is unlimited.

Do you have to download each song separately or is there a way of sending directly the whole album in mp3 player?
hou hou ha ha

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

T.C. Elliott

T,
I almost didn't post this.. and maybe I shouldn't. I've downloaded the first and added it to Itunes. On a cursory listen I'm pretty impressed. I will delve into it deeper soon.
I do have one complaint. And it is a minor one as free music is free. You are putting it out there for us to hear and I applaud you for it.

However, you've just GOT to get the ID3 tags set up correctly. For two reasons. One is that for those of us who use itunes (almost not by choice, but my wife has an iphone and I have an ipod) it takes quite a bit to get the artist name the same, the album name correctly done, the other artists you have on the disc identified and typed in and then even more time to go back and correctly hit the running order. Now I'm not really complaining. I mean I am, but I'm not gonna ever bring it up again. And I don't hold it against you personally. But it will really be a big help. Especially if you want to share your music and maybe even some day get some revenue coming in from it. It is almost essential.
And the second reason you might want ID3 tags set correctly... is so that people (read me) don't screw it up. I noticed most of the songs were T.Mokbul as the artist. Would you rather have it Tharek? Or would you rather it be OsCKiLO (or is it OsCKiIO?)  At any rate it would remove the confusion.

Also, I noticed 320kbps mp3 tracks. If you use a site like Bandcamp, you can upload a quality track and they will make alternate versions for you at no cost. I believe it is free to sign up and is really a great site for getting your music 'out there.' I use WAV files with the br900 so I have those high quality files that could be used. I actually have to make the time to convert to mp3. And when I do I usually use 160 or at most 192 kbps. If a song is gonna be 9mb I would rather have the WAV file than an mp3.

And after this (I hope it doesn't come off as a rant) I hope you really take it as it is meant: A suggestion that I think would help the enjoyment of your music. I honestly think that setting up a bandcamp with a free option as well as an option to pay what you want would be helpful here. At least it would give those of us who wanted to drop you a buck or two the option and it would also make the project more concrete. I have to admit that I've not even taken my own advice very often (and don't have a bandcamp page yet either.) and if this comes off as anything other than respectful or encouraging then I please let me know and I will edit it to nothing but a thank you.

And with that,
Thank you. I appreciate what you do here and the encouragement you give so many people. I truly think that you and a most of the other regulars here just make this place the awesomesauce that it is.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

OsCKilO

Got Ya T.C.....

I'll Get the Tags Sorted...

Easy enough...

Didn't think.... Lol

A lot to the stuff... More than I thought....

Bandcamp?

I'll give it a shot...

Thanks for taking the Time bro...

Peace

Tharek
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR