my bass sound

Started by TheMohawk, August 29, 2008, 12:43:02 PM

TheMohawk

Turn Around
Time:
0:00
Volume:
OK i was bass player in a band for ages and it was heavy punky fast stuff and i love flea so this is really different for me. But i am pleased with the sound of the bass.

I just threw this piece together didnt spend any time really on it i was just specifically looking for that bass sound. I think i got it ok.

TheMohawk

remember also people!! your sound starts from the moment you record whatever instrument onto your track so make sure you are not distorting. Keep it sweet because you can beef it up later on with the effects and some slight tweaking.

i was just trying to apply the same kind of bass sound to another song of mine and it sounds terrible, so having switched all of the other tracks onto empty virtual tracks so on play back i was only listening to my dry bass line i found that it was distorting so i was wasting my time adding any effects, it basically means i must have had the level up too high when recording and will have to do it again.

Mach

The high part sounds almost like a Chapman Stick but without tapping. What kind of bass are you playing?
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

TheMohawk

i am playing my beautiful squire jazz bass. though theres a problem with my input which is affecting the sound.