Steamroller (Original)

Started by Vanncad, April 27, 2010, 06:07:52 PM

Ted

What really makes this song is the vocal harmonies.

And the guitar riff.

And the drums.

And...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Vanncad

A truly big THANK-YOU! for all your great comments.

It's been crazy at work and at home. I've been piecing this song together for the last few days, so I'm really glad you guys like it.

P.S. - ORH - "Fat Gals"  - I fell off my chair when I read that!! (They do make the "rockin' wrold go 'round though).  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks again everyone!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Satchwood

Wow this flippin kicks Vann!   I'm leaving early and going home and cranking the volume on this!!  Great song man, luv the guitars and vocals!

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman

Another fantastic rocker Vann, I love the way it starts and then the way it rocks out. The lyrical concept could come across as a bit cliched but I think you carried this off brilliantly. It sounds absolutely storming and I loved it, like all of your work. Great sounds, great playing and fantastic vox. It sounds like classic rock but also new and fresh at the same time, i don't know how you do that.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Donkeydoo

Vanncad I might get banned here but I hate songs that stick in my head and this one I can't get rid of, especially when I want to sleep.  Absolutely brilliant.   My neck is aching, my cats liked the initial intro then the song kicked in and I haven't seen them since.  Better go looking for them I suppose!  Na let me play it again!  Good stuff.  Best song i've heard for years!

des0free

Stupendous, driving, powerful rocker.  The only thing better than the guitar riffs are the vocals!  Pro stuff all around!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kevin Mammoth

This song is soooo good.  I broke into a big smile once the trick intro kicked in and was still smiling at the end - what an awesome hard rocker that is.  Killer guitars - and I do love some good spiralling unison bends.  That is a killer track!
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

djbride

I also got sucked into the intro, turning up the volume to hear it and then it blew my speakers away, :)
 I guess I should read others comments before I take a listen.
Awesome rocker, the guitar work is simply amazing. Vocals sound great. The production and mix are really solid.
Nice job on this one,
You rock dude.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

Tangled Wires

Jaw dropping stuff Vann, those driving riffs are to die for.

Vocals are as stunning as always from you, and the whole song and performance is amazing. To top it all off the production sounds so professional and polished, which is what this song truly deserves.

A belting song!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Black Mary

I nearly shat my pants when it kicked in. WOAH ! This is the mutt's nuts. What a melody & harmony. This is so professional. I love the mix/production. Everythings cranked right up just like it should be. There's no faking that. Ur a rocker !! 11 out of 10
kingliggermusic