Made you look!

Started by Blooby, April 27, 2010, 04:50:30 PM

Blooby

I posted something about Jack Pearson a while back, but I just saw him last weekend and after seeing in concert John McLaughlin, Jeff Beck, Steve Vai, Paco DeLucia, Danny Gatton, Al DiMeola, Robben Ford, Steve Kimock, Michael Hedges, Tim Sparks, Chris Proctor, Leo Kottke, Larry Carlton, Eddie Van Halen, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Warren Haynes, Dickey Betts, Derek Trucks, Jimmy Herring, Pete Townshend, Steve Howe, Steve Morse, Buddy Guy, John Abercrombie, Mike Stern, John Scofield, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Eric Johnson, Robert Fripp, Adrian Belew, Mike Keneally, Allan Holdsworth, Rick Derringer, Johnny Winter, BB King and a host of other hot-shot guitarists I can't recall off the top of my head, I can honestly say I have never been so humbled by the musicality of any one person.

He touches on different genres over the course of the videos below.

Blooby

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tony W

Who the hell pulls a glass slide out of their pocket? I never leave home without a pick... in the off chance that a guitar might fall off a truck, and I get a chance to play it on the roadside or something.... .but a glass slide?

This guy is awesome.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: Tony W on April 28, 2010, 08:15:57 PMWho the hell pulls a glass slide out of their pocket? I never leave home without a pick... in the off chance that a guitar might fall off a truck, and I get a chance to play it on the roadside or something.... .but a glass slide?
You mean you don't have a glass slide in your pocket ?  Now, next you gonna tell me you don't bring a capo either ???

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Incredible.  I just may watch the last 2 minutes of that #5 video for the rest of my life, that is the sweetest blues guitar I have ever heard, right off the top of his head.  Thanks for this Blooby, I am amazed.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

What a bloody show-off! Lol

What unbelievable talent. I thought his guitar skills were out of this world, and then the last clip shows what an amazing singer he is too. I can see why you were impressed Blooby. I reckon he would be impressed by you too though!

Tony W

This sequence of videos are going to change my style dramatically.

Geir, the capo dilemma. I have a 6 string and a 12 string acoustic but only one capo...... I'm not sure which one to keep the capo with. I might get a second capo, and a brass slide for my pocket. Actually I spend so little time playing with capo and slide that I don't miss them.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Vanncad

Hey Jack - Is that a glass slide in your pocket, or are you just really happy to see that new Les Paul?  ;D

This is awesome, thanks Blooby!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover