Tunnel of Love - Dire Straits cover

Started by trev, April 27, 2010, 04:15:18 PM

Black Mary

Awesome !! with a capital Awe ! Devastating stuff trev. That's my fav Dire Straits song. Think I like Ur version even better  :)
kingliggermusic

Groundy

Just brilliant, what a great sound........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Greeny

Oh yes. My favourite Dire Straits track from my favourite Dire Straits album. This is an outstanding cover. Your vocal is better than Mr Knopflers! Beautiful playing and mixing. It's faultless. I can't praise this one enough.

Greeny

Hang on a minute... you aren't Mark Knopfler having a laugh with us are you??? lol

SwanSong

Hi Trev
I am totally schocked by the awesome playing singing and realism
of this song  very well executed. ever thought of doing a Dire Straits
Tribute scenario........and have u composed any original material..
i cant tell if it s u or dire straits . well done. i have a request if u can
would love to hear u do THE WALK OF LIFE. one of my favorites. tc NEIL

trev

Wow - thanks everybody I really appreciate all the feedback and yes swansong I have composed some original songs - I have posted one called home alone - this is all a part of a project I am calling the original tribute which features a selection of Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler songs coupled with a selection of original songs in the same sort of style. I'll probs upload another track or two over the next couple of days.

thanks again everybody

Trev

mike skliar

very very well done, indeed!

just a thought- but I wonder if the ending could be extended for a longer instrumental solo at the end? I felt it could have a 'just before it ends really quiet' moment with just piano and guitar, before coming back again with everything...

great job!

Geir

FANTASTIC COVER !!!

Great voice and awesome guitarwork !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

trev

Hi Mike

Yes thats a great idea - I do extend it when I'm playing live but the quiet section idea is an idea that I think would work really well - I'll try that next time I play live.

Trev

trev

Just want to say thanks to Mike - I tried extending it how you suggested and putting a quiet break down section before the end at my gig and it worked really well

thanks again

Trev