WOW - In honour of PUNKFEST

Started by Gritter, April 27, 2010, 03:58:24 PM

Gritter

I just came across this.

Lynval Golding of the Specials, Joe Strummer, Kristy MacColl and The Pogues together on St. Patrick's Day 1988.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7QL_PDC5XM

cuthbert

A message to you, Rudy (Sandy): cool find, man - thanks for posting it!!

Enjoying another trip on the wayback machine...  8)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

OsCKilO

I do believe this is Ska Mr Grits......;)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Gritter

Quote from: OsCKilO on April 27, 2010, 04:36:14 PMI do believe this is Ska Mr Grits......;)

:D

That is correct. Now please answer in the form of a question.

PS: SKAfest needs to go on the list!

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI do believe this is Ska Mr Grits
dont be pedantic t
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Nice one Gritter. Ska would be a great fest genre! Gotta love the Specials... a very fine band. Was watching Jerry Dammers Spatial AKA orchestra on the tv the other night. It was quite funny when Jool's Holland (the presenter) asked Jerry how he got on with the rest of The Specials these days. He wasn't at all happy with that question! He said to Jool's (very annoyed...): 'How do you get on with the rest of Squeeze?'. Ouch! Touchy touchy!

Ted

I used to do that song in a band in the '80s.  We changed the lyrics to refer to an incident where Rudy Miller (founder of Miller Institute of Technology in Phoenix) got drunk and lost his shoe in a restaurant. He returned to the scene (still drunk, presumably) with a gun and started threatening the customers and staff, that they find his goddamn shoe!

Rudy Miller

Rudy
He just wants his shoe, Rudy.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

SE

recorder
Boss BR-80

Ferryman

Great one, got to love those Specials and the Pogues. I have a great vid of a Pogues Xmas concert, sadly never saw/seen them live. Don't know how that happened.

Quote from: Greeny on April 28, 2010, 02:57:15 AMNice one Gritter. Ska would be a great fest genre! Gotta love the Specials... a very fine band. Was watching Jerry Dammers Spatial AKA orchestra on the tv the other night. It was quite funny when Jool's Holland (the presenter) asked Jerry how he got on with the rest of The Specials these days.

LOL, I heard Mark Lawson do a "serious" interview on Front Row (OK, big Radio 4 fan here...) with Jerry Dammers and he spent most of it (about 10 minutes) talking about Jerry and the Specials. He really doesn't like them - they did not invite him to take part on the reunion (even though it's his band) and there is a lot of bad blood there. Very sad.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR