Wot's wiv the dog? Punkfest Orig, by Jemima's Kite. - ** Warning ** Language!

Started by Flash Harry, April 23, 2010, 01:25:02 PM

hooper

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

T.C. Elliott

My mother has the small chihuahaus (sp?) not the teacup but just a bit bigger. I don't think I'll play this song for her... but not because it isn't a good song. I kind of like it.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Vanncad

Stellar tune boys!

Great energy - and lyrics ORH!
I'm not a dog lover, so this tune doesn't hurt my feelings (sorry PETA)!!

P.S. - This tune reminds me of my old boss:

When he'd see a girl walking a dog down the street, he'd always say "Wow - where you get that pig?" When the girl would say "That isn't a pig - that's a dog!", he'd reply - "I was talking to the dog!"
Make me crack-up everytime!  ;D
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Ferryman

Love it! Surprised you didn't get a reference to Paris H in there.......

Very authentic sound, I love the chords over the "What's wiv the dog" bit, and a great sound all round. Brilliant use of the drums as well, they sound like a punk drummer. A true punk fest classic!

Nice "authentic" bass sound as well. I used to have an unnamed short scale Jap bass (I had so little money I could not even afford a copy!) that I used to put those black, smooth Rotosound strings on for some reason. Similar sound really....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman on April 26, 2010, 12:55:29 AMLove it! Surprised you didn't get a reference to Paris H in there.......

She was the original inspiration! This one evolved from a lyric I had which went: 'She's a dog with a dog'. I didn't get any further than that, but the wordsmith ORH took the ugly little mutt and ran with it, lol. I love listening to what he does with these raw guitar tracks.

I'm very happy with this one - was so much fun to play! This is the first time I've heard the bass added, and it sounds brilliant. Great job, Mike!

SE

Was listening to Tony,s punkfest bump, great tune,then pressed on this day and this just popped out then just fell about laughing, remember this from last year, wot,s wiv the dog, magic!!
recorder
Boss BR-80