scorned by the longhair tigers (final rockier mix on page 2)

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 21, 2010, 11:08:00 AM

Gary F

Both versions are really great but,I like the second version best!! Jim I really like vocals one this one. Love it when you rock out!!!The music is top notch!!!
Awesome collab guys!!!
Gary

Greeny

This new version adds some real welly. It reminds me a bit of 'I travel' and 'ghostdancing' by Simple Minds... a big, early eighties sound of synth and guitar. I love the way it goes more subtle at the second verse then rips it up on the chorus. The lead and backing vocals are immense. What a song. This is the sound of a top band!

Oldrottenhead

cheers tim, damian was influenced by your earlier comment which lead to the chorus coming back in at the end.
hope you have some new jk stuff for me and has mike no done the bass on the mad punkfest song yet?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 23, 2010, 02:50:44 AMcheers tim, damian was influenced by your earlier comment which lead to the chorus coming back in at the end.
hope you have some new jk stuff for me and has mike no done the bass on the mad punkfest song yet?

More JK stuff soon. It'll be for album number 5!

I have a solo effort and Ted's disco song to do first. So many songs - not enough time!!!

pjd1

Stunning ORH you never let me down , you have got a great collab goin on hear !! how many bands do you sing with now !!!!!!!!! the music is awsome and so professional with cool harmonys goin on off the driving beat !!

Stunning

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Tony W

Damn Jim, I really like the 2nd version. Sounds like your voice got a little workout on this one. Damien, great music.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Simple Minds, yes.  Stretch those vocal chords, yeah baby.  Great song, really great.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Quote from: Tony W on April 23, 2010, 06:54:20 AMDamn Jim, I really like the 2nd version. Sounds like your voice got a little workout on this one. Damien, great music.
second that. And those upped guitars gave it some bigger balls !!

Great song !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

djbride

I really like both versions but the second one does have a more rock feel and the background vocals are amazing. Great collab guys, I love how the song builds at the begining, Nice work on lyrics and vocals, this is a great 80's influenced tune.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

Satchwood

Wow this one kicks ~ luv it !.!  Sounds flippin great :: music, vocals, and them strong backing vox,.,.,.> top notch !.!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)