scorned by the longhair tigers (final rockier mix on page 2)

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 21, 2010, 11:08:00 AM

Flash Harry

Corner of a roof? Quarrelsome wife? Have you been round to my house?

Brilliant song. It's a real winner!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

FreddyBoyo

Nice tune. I feel some disco vibes and a bit of an 80s brit influence. I liked how complete the song felt. Great collab. Collabs lead to such greatness. More tiger!!!!

FreddyBoyo

Oldrottenhead

hic i should be in my bed.

sandy i was attempting to sing and write like rh but i fell short
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Plenty of 80's era Bowie vibes on this in the verse, then I get a little bit of Public Image Limited on the chorus. The music is stunning, and ORH always knows instinctively what's required on the vox and lyrics. It's a bloody awesome. And I mean BLOODY awesome. If anything, it's a little too short because the groove could go on and on. I can hear this being extended with a massive Satchwood solo at the end.

Ten songs with the Tigers? You two-timing slut, lol.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteTen songs with the Tigers? You two-timing slut, lol.
14 songs with dead divans jam and another 9 i think with posc a 4 timing slut lol.
actually just mixed a shorter rockier version of this one with added backing vox will try and post later. this one really shredded my vocal chords. so im gonna rest my voice and then completely redo it over new rockier mix.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Love it ...

this one goes to my new tigers folder as well as piePod ....

Quote from: Greeny on April 22, 2010, 03:40:45 AMTen songs with the Tigers? You two-timing slut, lol.
two ??? you just keep on slutting James :D !! Almost an album now !!

ahhh you beat me to that quote James
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Excellent stuff here, I am getting a whiff of the Associates. Definite 80s vibe, but not in a derivative way. Great track with a superb heavy bass line that drives the music along and the layers of keys and guitars (? I think there's some in there) create a great feel. The lyrics are supreb and the vox as always very well recorded and have great feeling. Super stuff!!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Vanncad

WOW- Really cool song guys!

Really getting an '80s/U2-ish vibe from this one.
Production is fantastic!

Is that all from a MBR? - If so - DAMN!!

Great vocal ORH. Sounds like you put a lot of emotion in this one (and maybe your nubblies in a vice a couple times too eh?  ;D ;D).
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Oldrottenhead

The Longhair Tigers - Scorned
Time:
0:00
Volume:
here is the final mix damian tells me its all guitars, damian changed it a bit making it a bit rockier i redid the vocalls adding backing vox, my larynx is shredded
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Yow! It sounds completely different now.  Is Damian trying to make amends, with this as a vaccine for the disco fever he's unleashed on the forum? I'm afraid it's too late. The virus has already spread.

I'm keeping both versions.

The backing vocals really add some power.

I like the dynamics at 3:29, when it gets quiet and then explodes into a big finish (instead of fading out at that point as in the first version).
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac