My Priorities May Be Wrong

Started by Migs, April 20, 2010, 06:10:34 PM

Tony W

And there we have it, a ridiculous question, something I picked up from Navy guys who swear by it...... answered by our intercontinental explorer.

Navy people swear that the water circles the drains counter-clockwise when you cross the equator. I always thought it intriguing, and when the day comes that I cross (hopefully on a mid-summer snowboarding trip) I fully anticipated seeing the results for myself. Now I have one less thing earth shattering theory to test for myself.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

I'd heard that reverse whirlpool theory before too. It always sounded plausible. As plausible as all the rest of the urban myths and old wives tales, lol.

On the original question, my priority would be to save all my paintings and art that can't be replaced. Plus other things like my signed Salvador Dali, Jamie Reid and Billy Childish  prints. And my photo albums and the USA road map on my wall with all my journeys marked. Shit... I'd burn to death trying to get it all out! Losing some guitars would be a heart-rending tragedy, but I could always replace them if I had to. Would probably grab my sweet solid mahogany Tanglewood acoustic though. And as for my epiphone flying V...  I hate that guitar so much, I'd use it to smash my way out of the flaming building, lol.

64Guitars

Quote from: Greeny on April 28, 2010, 02:50:42 AMAnd as for my epiphone flying V...  I hate that guitar so much, I'd use it to smash my way out of the flaming building, lol.

LOL!!!

I don't usually use internet initialisms like "lol" but that comment actually made me laugh out loud!   ;D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

OsCKilO

I have a wife, Kid and cats to think about in that sort of situation.

I'd Take the Kid with me.... And maybe a Guitar...

:)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: OsCKilO on April 28, 2010, 10:17:24 AMI have a wife, Kid and cats to think about in that sort of situation.

I'd Take the Kid with me.... And maybe a Guitar...

:)

Great thinking! Wife and kid... That's four extra hands, that's four extra guitars to save! If you start now, you might be able to train the cat so that it can carry at least something to make itself useful.   

:P

Flash Harry

Tharek, if she finds out your life won't be worth living ;)
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oh dear OsCKILO there would be near terminal silence in my house if I wrote that, bloody funny though, and I would still have to take the 72 Stat.  Still laughing Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800