My Priorities May Be Wrong

Started by Migs, April 20, 2010, 06:10:34 PM

Migs

I live on the top of a 4 storey block of apartments.  Down under me are lots of 1 bedders and at the very bottom a cafe.

We have an industial strength fire alarm system and my internal alarm is right on top of my bed.  When it goes off in the middle of the night I $hit myself... as I did at 3:30am the other night.

I jumped out of bed, threw on a t-shirt and shorts, grabbed my keys and phone and hot-footed it out of the building.  One of the other tenants followed a minute after me - wearing a beanie and carrying his tele.

Do I have my priorities wrong in that I put on pants and a shirt or should I have grabbed my guitar(s)?  If you could only grab one guitar in a fire which of yours would you take ?

I have now thought about this a bit.  For sentimental reasons, I think I would be devastated if my Takamine went up in smoke.  Then again for "cudos value" I think the girls in the building were more impressed by the other guy's tele than they would by a 12-string.  What to do ?
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

64Guitars

Quote from: Migs on April 20, 2010, 06:10:34 PMOne of the other tenants followed a minute after me - wearing a beanie and carrying his tele.

I think the girls in the building were more impressed by the other guy's tele than they would by a 12-string.

I think you've jumped to the wrong conclusion about the Tele. The girls probably didn't even notice it if the guy was wearing only a beanie.  ;)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ted

If you run out the building without dressing, I think it'll be your partscaster that gets noticed.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Tony W

If I ran out of a building unclothed, everyone would immediately forget about their loss, and laugh about mine.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Tony W on April 20, 2010, 06:39:11 PMIf I ran out of a building unclothed, everyone would immediately forget about their loss, and laugh about mine.

In a sense, you'd be doing them a pubic service.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Blooby

I would think most people would be impressed with one of those 80's pointy, extra wood models...or maybe even the Rick Nielson quintuple-neck.

Sad but true.

Blooby

Migs

Quote from: 64Guitars on April 20, 2010, 06:24:27 PMI think you've jumped to the wrong conclusion about the Tele. The girls probably didn't even notice it if the guy was wearing only a beanie.  ;)
We are just heading in to winter here. It was cold.
I could have hidden my junk with my MBR.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Tony W

Hey Migs, something I've heard but never confirmed, when you flush the toilet, does the water circulate counter-clockwise? I know this doesn't correlate to hiding your junk with the MBR in the winter, or my laughable dilemma year round, but I'm interested to know.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

Talk about a question from out of nowhere!  LOL   

I'd grab my br600 and my ESP MH-327... And since the scenario is not having enough time to get dressed... I'd have plenty of room to grab some clothes from the closet... that are on hangers.  :D

Ted

Quote from: Tony W on April 27, 2010, 01:02:14 PMHey Migs, something I've heard but never confirmed, when you flush the toilet, does the water circulate counter-clockwise? I know this doesn't correlate to hiding your junk with the MBR in the winter, or my laughable dilemma year round, but I'm interested to know.

Nice threadjacking, Tony.  But this is a question of "priorities" and that is the topic here.

The first time I went to South Africa I went from my the airport to my hotel.  The first thing I did was to drop my suitcase, make a paper boat out of the hotel stationery, fill the bathroom sink, float the boat, and pull the drain plug.

Drain... drain... drain...

The sink emptied before much swirling could start.

My experiment was a failure, so here's your answer:

Quote from: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/149/do-bathtubs-drain-counterclockwise-in-the-northern-hemisphere[w]hen you get down to itty-bitty phenomena such as the water draining out of your bathtub, the Coriolis effect is insignificant, amounting to roughly three ten-millionths of the force of gravity (in Boston, at least, which is where they happened to do the measuring).

The boring truth is that water drains every which way no matter what hemisphere you're in, for reasons which have to do mostly with the shape of the drain, the way you poured in the water in the first place, and so on.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac