NEW GUITAR DAY!!!

Started by Saijinn Maas, April 18, 2010, 07:41:39 PM

chapperz66

Sai

There appears to be quite a heavy line running up the body from the middle of the bridge pickup to the top. It's dificult to tell from the photo - is it a particularly heavy bit of grain/flame?

What's the access like to those top frets?  Presumably it has a fairly special neck joint?

Paul

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: chapperz66 on April 19, 2010, 09:48:18 AMSai

There appears to be quite a heavy line running up the body from the middle of the bridge pickup to the top. It's dificult to tell from the photo - is it a particularly heavy bit of grain/flame?

What's the access like to those top frets?  Presumably it has a fairly special neck joint?

Paul

Are you referring to the darker "line" running from the left side of the bridge pup? Or to the line made by the change in grain down the middle of the guitar?

1. The darker grain is not nearly as noticeable in person. Flamed tops are not usually consistent.
2. The grain change is the bookmatching of the flamed maple top.

Access is really good! Because it is a neck-thru, there is not joint to get in the way. And this body style, referred to as the "horizon", has deep enough cutaways that they do not interfere at all with access to the higher frets.

Ted

I don't smoke. Never have. But I'm thinking of trying this out next time I'm visited by GAS: "Honey, would you rather I buy this new toy, or start smoking.  They'll cost about the same."
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

chapperz66

I thought it would be the flame - as you say, the camera probably makes that line a little more pronounced than it is in the flesh.

Can't wait to hear you bend that 27th fret up to a top A!  Great looking guitar.

Paul

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Ted on April 19, 2010, 11:25:31 AMI don't smoke. Never have. But I'm thinking of trying this out next time I'm visited by GAS: "Honey, would you rather I buy this new toy, or start smoking.  They'll cost about the same."
:D   LOL

SE

Mega jealous , looks like some rock,in machine, let,s hear it soon, congrats on your new purchase.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Flash Harry

I gave up smoking about 11 years ago, the first month was the worst, then it got harder in the second month,.....  the 132 month is harder, I'm hoping it gets easier after month 144.....

Seriously, stick with it for 6 weeks and you have cracked it. Just pick up this beautiful geetar everytime you feel like a smoke and play it until the feeling goes away. What a way to give up. I think I'll write a book, Give up smoking and learn how to play the guitar while you're doing it...... It could be a series.......
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

lg

Better yet, write a song about it and post it here.....LOL

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Vanncad

Looks pretty cool Sai.

Can't wait to hear you "spank" that thang!

It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover