NEW GUITAR DAY!!!

Started by Saijinn Maas, April 18, 2010, 07:41:39 PM

Saijinn Maas

Okay... I HAD to pick this up. I told my wife two things in order to get her to agree to let me get it now rather than later.

1. It will be my last one for a little while...
2. I had to quit smoking. The money that I spent smoking is going to pay for the guitar...

So without further adieu...

ESP LTD MH-327 Electric Guitar Features:
  • Mahogany body
  • 25-1/2" scale
  • Neck-thru neck joint
  • Maple neck
  • Rosewood fretboard
  • Thin-U neck shape
  • 27 extra jumbo frets!!!
  • ESP tuners
  • Floyd Rose Special bridge
  • 42mm locking nut
  • Seymour Duncan Custom 5 Bridge humbucker
  • Seymour Duncan Hot Rails neck single-coil-sized humbucker
  • Black nickel hardware
  • 3-way selector
  • Push-pull coil-splitting on tone control

Blooby

Holy smokes.

Love the coil tap.  Anxious to hear it.

Congrats on your guitar and more importantly, quitting smoking.

Blooby

hank987

That is super sweet...so jealous! Can't wait to hear it! Best of luck on quitting smoking, the wife has been trying to quite for years...

Boognish

ooooohhh, nice!  beautiful color and body style, i likes...
nothing like a new guitar to inspire you!
Okay to cover.

Greeny

Me likey that a lot! Looks like a serious rock machine. Beautiful finish too.

Have fun!!!!

AndyR

Nice looking geetar :)

I've used those two "things" in discussions with the missus as well... about two years ago...

I now have approx 10 more guitars since then, and I still smoke... :D

(In hindsight, I think she knew, even as I said them, that I was trying to convince myself, not her :))
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

chapperz66

27 fret neck!  Awesome.  It took me a while to get used to my newer strats with a 22nd fret. 

At the risk of being really boring, stick with the no-ciggie policy.  I stopped some years ago after they killed my dad.  I decided I didn't want to die like that a lot more than I wanted to smoke.

AndyR

Quote from: chapperz66 on April 19, 2010, 04:42:23 AM27 fret neck!  Awesome.  It took me a while to get used to my newer strats with a 22nd fret. 

At the risk of being really boring, stick with the no-ciggie policy.  I stopped some years ago after they killed my dad.  I decided I didn't want to die like that a lot more than I wanted to smoke.

Wow! I only just noticed the 27 fret bit. I've got one guitar with 24 frets. You can actually get up there comfortably, but I get vertigo at that end of the board! :D

And, even though I'm a smoker, I tend to agree... but I have to say that I don't think "finances" (neither "can't afford it" nor "want to save for something else") have ever seemed to provide solid enough motivation for stopping :D. I think it's all about health issues (do I wanna die like that), will-power issues (do I want something "not me" controlling me like that), or possibly social conscience/pressure issues (I can't really imagine the social stuff helping anyone giving up though - I'm sure they do in some case, but... ::))

Anyway - best of luck, don't let the fact that you've bought a guitar already on what you "ought" to be saving become a mill-stone round your neck and put even more pressure on... "pressure"="need to smoke" in my experience :-\

And more importantly, ENJOY THAT GEETAR :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Jim1970

NICE AXE!!!!!
See all the Money you saved from Quitting Smoking!!

Congrats
JIM fro Jersey
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

Um, quitting smoking so far has not saved you a dime. You are re-allocating your funding in a much more productive manner. I likey like.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR