"The Bitch Who Ruined My Life" - Punkfest Original by Ted

Started by Ted, April 18, 2010, 02:07:01 AM

Boognish

Nice work, Ted...
This reminds me of a song by Ween you should definitely check out... "Baby Bitch."  Not really a punk song, but the same subject (obviously).
Okay to cover.

Ted

Quote from: Boognish on April 22, 2010, 06:50:06 PMThis reminds me of a song by Ween you should definitely check out... "Baby Bitch."  Not really a punk song, but the same subject (obviously).

Thanks. I did check it out. It's a pretty song, but it's more of an example of the kind of song I was trying not to write. My bitch song is about someone resisting the cathartic temptation to vilify an ex.  The Ween song is someone indulging the temptation.  It sure is a fine line, isn't it?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

lg

Kinda reminds me of the Ramones a little....
Great Punk-Rock Dude!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

SE

Great tune in the Ramones style, their,s a differenrce in the UK and US style, but it,s all good, can hear a bit of Dylan, with your punk, a great colab.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ted

Quote from: side effect on April 23, 2010, 07:17:22 PM...can hear a bit of Dylan, with your punk...

That's not intentional, but it could be subconscious. I like Dylan, but I don't count him as an influence.  However, I'm heavily influenced by not being able to hit my vocal notes within a mile.  I wonder if that's what you're hearing.  I'd be interested to know which lines you think have a Dylan quality.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

T.C. Elliott

I love this festival and I love the songs. And this one is right up there. I now want to get my rig rocking. This makes me want to play the guitar.

Btw, I won't play this around my wife just so won't get the wrong idea. Sorry.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Rata-tat-tat

OTD Bump... because I thought I'd commented... and it deserves many more!!! Excellent Ted!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Lounging McCoy

What a fun song!  The punk guitar riffs are awesome.

Ted

In 2009, many of us on the forum lived through the great "Uploading MP3's to the forum server will not be possible" scare.

I converted many of my song posts to Soundclick links. Now I'm going through and making sure that there are MP3s on my old song posts, and masterbumping while I'm at it.

First up: "The Bitch Who Ruined My Life"
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac