Walk Away

Started by Gary F, April 16, 2010, 11:52:54 AM

djbride

I like the effect on the vocal. Very catchy chorus. Nice mix. This one is better after a listening to it a few times and there is nothing wrong with that, it grows on you. I like the guitar in the bridge, nice work on this.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

Satchwood

What a cool unique sound !!  Personally, I really like the effect on the vocals ~ flippin brilliant!  Great layered guitar, quite catchy!  I may "walk away", but I'll be back to listen to this again.........
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

j.g.

On first listen it seems a simple song, the more listens you try, the more involved you realise it is, with great little pieces that suddenly pop out of no where. Gonna listen a few more times to see what else jumps out. Really enjoying this one.

Bluesberry

I like it, this has the spook.  I reminds me very much of a kind of something Mark (Launched) does, something dark and mysterious about it like a Launched song.  I am grooving to this.  I think the vocal effect worked very cool here.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Gary, this is great, there are a lot of really clever production ideas going on here. The effect on the vocal is excellent and the way you spread the backing vox so wide in the mix is very effective. Good guitar sounds, the pitch shifting works OK (you could buy a cheap bass you know  ;)), really nice choppy guitars. Very good indeed, well done for doing some bouncing, we'll get you up to 32 V-tracks and beyond soon!

More importantly, this is a really good song. Very hooky, insistent rhythm and I LOVE the tripled up guitar melody, it's really clever the way you repeat that little figure throughout the song. This could be a big hit you know!

Damn well done, keep them coming!!!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Quote from: Ted on April 16, 2010, 12:44:42 PMA very crisp production!  Congrats on all the firsts.

Listening to your whole jukebox now.

You are my Favorite Songcrafter Who I Previously Hadn't Much Noticed of the Day.

Yeah, I'm doing the same thing. Not that I didn't notice you, Gary - These cool tunes are just starting to sink in!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tangled Wires

Really good song this Gary, it had me hooked very early on.

The guitar effect works really well on the vocal, some of the patches really do sound very effective (will have to try the Moonage, very impressed how it sounds here)

As others have said the basis of the song appears simple, but there are loads of extra little touches that you have very cleverly added in which sound brilliant.

Certainly one of the better songs that I have listened to on recently, this really is a superb tune.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Krasi

Haven't been here a while (hard working) so decided to catch up and here I listened to a superb song. So clever use of the effects and great panning of the backing vox. The song is fantastic and I just couldn't believe it's your first bouncing.
recorder
Boss BR-80

mike

Really well crafted song.  Love the panning here.  Congratulations on figuring out the track bouncing.  That was something I never managed to do.

Mike

Liked this a lot Gary, played it three times on the trot, really catch hookline and great guitar sound. Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800