Walk Away

Started by Gary F, April 16, 2010, 11:52:54 AM

Gary F

WALK AWAY
Time:
0:00
Volume:
 Hi everyone!This one is called "Walk Away". This is the first time that I have bounced tracks. Thanks to replies by Hooper and 64 Guitars from other posts, I finally understand the process!Also this is the first time that I have used Audacity to pitch shift the guitar down to bass.

Recorded and mastered in the Boss Micro BR
                    Vocals-guitar bank effect P-28 Moonage [edited]built-in mic
                    Guitar-Squier strat 
                    Bass- guitar using Audacity
 Thanks for listening!!!! All comments are appreciated!!!
  Gary

Oldrottenhead

bloody brill love the walk away hook. great song , great use of moonage , i would never have thought to use that as a vox effect. very trippy love it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

I'm smiling. Quite a few firsts being knocked out here, and done in great fashion. Good song. That guitar/bass method worked quite well, it sounds fantastic.

Great work Gary!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

This sounds really fine, Gary! That moonage preset effect is fine in your voice. I never have tried use guitar effects on vocal! The chorus is very catchy. Well written and performed!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

A very crisp production!  Congrats on all the firsts.

Listening to your whole jukebox now.

You are my Favorite Songcrafter Who I Previously Hadn't Much Noticed of the Day.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Pamala

love the fat, fuzzy, full sound that stuffed my ears with deliciousness!! Every little thing was bliss. Love the bridge/turn around that matched the lyrics...perfect.

Saijinn Maas

Very well done. Had a nice flow to it. Production sounded really good too. ;)

SE

Really well recorded, sounds great apart from that this is a really good song enjoyed it very much indeed.
recorder
Boss BR-80

T.C. Elliott

I really like this track. The effect on the vocals took a few to get use to. Maybe use it more on the chorus and less on the verse or vice versa? Or possibly adding a non effected vocal very lightly underneath it? Or maybe just use no effect or a different effect on the bridge? Well it doesn't need any of that, it works fine this way now that I shutup and just listen.
I'd never known this was your first mixing via bouncing attempt. And I think the song itself is killer. I like it quite a bit.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Gary F

Thanks everyone for listening!!!

T.C.-I tried the vocals with only a little reverb and they sounded so terrible that I almost trash canned the whole project.Then I tried different effects and stumbled upon Moonage.I then lowered my voice to barely above a whisper for the verses and it helped.I had first considered using an effect only on the "walk away" part but I needed it on the whole thing!! I hadn't thought about adding a non effected vocal to it but I may try that on another song in the future.Thanks!!

Thanks again all for your comments!!!!
   Gary