Strange message from Songcafters

Started by chapperz66, April 16, 2010, 07:45:59 AM

chapperz66

I've just received an email from Songcrafters sending me "a personal invitation to return."

I'm sure it's just an automatic email but clearly some part of the magic gubbins behind the site thinks I'm a lapsed member.  It's not a problem to me but I thought that I should flag it up in case it's an issue.

Cheers

Paul

Hi, happens to me to. Perhaps we've become invisible, now wouldn't that be cool.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

64Guitars

Not sure why that's happening. I've disabled the automatic emailing of inactive users for now. If I get a chance to figure out why it's not working properly, I'll fix it and re-enable it. But it's not a critical feature so I won't be in a big hurry to re-enable it.

Thanks for letting me know. And apologies to Willie Wendon and others who have emailed me via admin@songcrafters.org. I wasn't getting those emails. They're supposed to be forwarded to me but that doesn't seem to be working. I only discovered the emails a few minutes ago when I checked on the hosting provider's web site.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

i`ve actually received 2 of those in the last 3 weeks. I thought i`d just ignore them thinking it was a glitch too.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Flash Harry

I got one too, but I have been busy.....

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

No worries. You don't get rid of me that easily Willie ;D
recorder
Boss BR-800

Rickocaster

I got one, too, but I'm glad I did, because it forced me to carve out some time to visit the site. Over the last couple of months, my step-father passed away, I've had to help my mom learn how to live independently again, fixed up my house, put it on the market, and shopped for a new house. I've barely had time to participate in my band, much less do any writing or recording. Worst of all, I haven't had the chance to listen to all the fantastic talent on this site.  Hopefully I will get my mom settled, and will move into my new house by early June. Then I plan to become a total recluse, locking myself away with nothing buy my Strat, BR600, and laptop to log on to Songcrafters.  Can't wait!

Thanks for staying in touch!!!
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

AndyR

Yeah, I'd recommend finding out why it's sending blanket ones when you can, and then re-enabling. I've had a couple in the past week or so that I just ignored... BUT! I finally got off my backside to start doing stuff again because of one of these emails a month or two back...

I was always intending to do some more recording and finding some time to get on here, etc... and I was lurking occasionally, but it was receiving the email that prompted me to start joining in again... :)

I think they do have some value on this particular site (unlike some other sites I get reminders from!! :D)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ted

Quote from: AndyR on April 19, 2010, 11:06:29 AMI finally got off my backside to start doing stuff again because of one of these emails a month or two back...

I always appreciate your contributions, and I have noticed that you are more active recently.  If you fall off again and the software doesn't remind you, maybe I will.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac