Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

chapperz66

And me.  I was always a huge Nick Drake fan.  Time of No Reply is a definite desert island disc for me.

- and at the risk of sounding like a perv, his sister Gabrielle was serious competition in my dreams with Jenny Agutter.  Who could forget the purple wigs on moonbase in UFO?

Come on - I was only about 13 at the time.....

Paul

Ferryman

Quote from: chapperz66 on April 16, 2010, 01:50:08 AMAnd me.  I was always a huge Nick Drake fan.  Time of No Reply is a definite desert island disc for me.

- and at the risk of sounding like a perv, his sister Gabrielle was serious competition in my dreams with Jenny Agutter.  Who could forget the purple wigs on moonbase in UFO?

Come on - I was only about 13 at the time.....

Paul

You are a man of taste sir!

A bit of trivia - Nick Drake was head boy at my son's old school, there are still older masters there that knew him. They had a nice tribute night for him a while back with a couple of guys who do nice Nick Drake covers (although we later found out they don't have Gabrielle Drake's permission). The evening prompted me to read his autobiog, what a sad story of unfulfilled promise, and how bad for you drugs are if you have some mental health issues.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

i watched his biography on youtube. .  an awesome talent with a
  tragic downfall.. . . His music is stunning. I wish i could have seen him live. . . No videos anywhere. . .
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Greeny

I thought the film documentary about him was amazing. Sad and very moving. The part where his sister played a recording of one of their mother's songs gave me goosebumps, because Nick's talent, chord changes and songwriting approach was right there in template form. What an amazing lady.

His songs are totally timeless and inspiring.

I watched the tribute concert last night. It was a bit of a mixed bag, but all the performers were incredibly talented. The biggest surprise was when Green Gartside from Scritti Politti popped up to do a turn. I hadn't heard or seen him since the mid-80's. Apart from growing a beard, what the hell has he been up to?!

Greeny

She was in UFO?! I thought I recognised her, but just couldn't place her. Unbelievable. All those hours watching that show and playing with my toy Shadow Interceptor, and I never knew it would be linked to one of my all-time favourite musicians, lol

These were great toys! This one is missing it's missile at the front.

chapperz66

Yep - she was in UFO.  Mind you - she was also in "Crossroads" which has a bit less street-cred in my opinion.  She was still incredibly attractive though (a lot more than Meg Richardson was anyway)

I should explain that my mum used to watch Crossroads at teatime when I got home from school.  I can just hear you thinking:  "Yeah - right!"  That's the end of what little street-cred I ever had.

Paul

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann