Grow Old with Me (Original ?? Cover???)

Started by j.g., April 15, 2010, 02:11:49 PM

j.g.

Thank you for the update.
It is a pity it is a backing track as I would like to do more with it. Being a backing track can lead to copyright difficulties, as acknowledgement should be given to the actual source of that backing track as well as the composer. Some one has obviously done work on this and should have the credit as most people would want, expect and deserve.
I have a personal interest in protecting owners copyrights so I would rather not think about using one for which I do not know the source.
It may be beneficial to leave this post up for now as it may be of interest to others.
Anyway, it has given me an idea to work on for which I am very grateful to Speed Demon.

64Guitars

Quote from: j.g. on April 16, 2010, 12:10:53 PMIt is a pity it is a backing track as I would like to do more with it. Being a backing track can lead to copyright difficulties, as acknowledgement should be given to the actual source of that backing track as well as the composer. Some one has obviously done work on this and should have the credit as most people would want, expect and deserve.

Yes, that's one of my concerns about backing tracks too. It has crossed my mind that perhaps we shouldn't allow commercial backing tracks at all. Aside from the fact that the original composers and musicians are almost never given credit, there's the whole legal side of it. I'd very much prefer that members create their own backing tracks and post them in the Collaborations board for other members to sing/play over. That way, there'd be no legal issues and everyone would get credit for their work. Unfortunately, there are several people who want to record over backing tracks, but nobody (that I know of) who wants to create any original backing tracks. Perhaps if we could get a few volunteers to create some original backing tracks, then we could create a small library of them and ban commercial backing tracks altogether. Then we'd no longer need the Backing Track Jams board because all of the posted recordings would be entirely member-created and could be posted in Originals or Covers.

QuoteIt may be beneficial to leave this post up for now as it may be of interest to others.

Yes. It can stay up. No need to remove it. However, I'm moving it to the General Discussion board.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gary F