The Knife - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, April 13, 2010, 01:09:10 AM

Ferryman

Quote from: AndyR on April 14, 2010, 11:32:17 AMIt's a lot of work... but I is tempted :D

I am getting ideas for writing though, so maybe that's where I'll put my energy instead...
... and there are, er, several more (um, double-figures, actually) of these songs from this early 90s period that would hold their own against these two... some would be harder to record, some easier... especially with what I've learnt in the last week.

Step away from the desk...... I would focus on doing the new stuff. You know that certain things can be improved but only you know that. I listened to SWGT earlier today on reasonable quality headphones (OK only a PC soundcard though) and I thought it sounded great, there was an ethereal feel to the vocal treatments. We've all been impressed here, take that as positive feedback. I would do a few more in a similar vein, then re-listen to SWTG and if you feel it needs redoing, then go for it. But you may find it sits ok as a "different" sounding track in the larger body of work.

I know there are always things that I can imporve in my tracks but sometimes you just have to say it's good enough as it is, warts and all. Think of the first Motorhead album - sounds like it was recorded underwater through an old sock but it has a charm all of its own......

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SwanSong

TOTALLY AGREE with all the above espedally the Uriah Heep
influence in here. this song is a great song in itself. withgreat
possibilites for a movie or tv backdrop. wonder ful work tc Neil

Please listen and critiqe my latest post
I JUST WANT TO DANCE WITH YOU. A
great love song. you will enjoy.thanks NS

AndyR

Cheers for that Ferryman -I was reaching that same conclusion overnight.

Will-do SwanSong. If only they'd let me stream audio at work :D. I'm hoping to get some time to do some catching up on my listening tonight. I've had a quick listen to a couple of yours over the last week or so and I like what you're doing :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

djbride

Great song Andy. I love the tone of the acoustic guitars, great lead lines on the acoustic. Great chord progression and the key change really builds the dramatic tension of the lyrics. Vocals are wonderful and lyrics are outstanding. Amazing tune, nice job on the mix.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

Oldrottenhead

excellent andy, playing catch up with about four pages of unread posts, glad i caught this one. gonna delete all unread and hope i dont miss too much.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

This sounds so good, Andy!!! A real fine song with the excellent production and performance!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pamala

wow!!! I am in awe. I was transported to some English coast line...black and white...wind whipping her hair..the struggle...the knife. I LOVE your voice, reminds me of some of my favorite hairband gods. And the guitar work just sent me...I know, I'm gushing praise, can't help myself...

AndyR

This is my last "moving mp3s to alonetone" self-bump in Originals for now.

It was interesting listening to this again and reading the comments and what I'd said.

At the time, I was a little disappointed with how this came out (and also how it made me look at Sleeping With The Ghost) - but listening to it now... I can't hear what I was worried about ::)

I suspect there's a lesson to be learnt in there somewhere!!  :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

StephenM

guitar playing wise I don't remember hearing anything you've done that comes even close to this (please see this as a compliment, you are very good but this one is another notch upupupup)!!!

It's hard to get past that to the vocals and lyrics for me... but they are also super..it's just a fantastic song...
OTD bump

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner