HELPWANTED!!! I Need help to identify this guitar!!!

Started by antisocialworker, April 12, 2010, 02:28:44 AM

upsetminded

I love it.  Great sound too despite it being pretty worn and high action.  I plan to add a new nut to it.  The only thing I'm not sure about it that the inlays are a kind of seaweed green.  I guess it gives it character but a weird choice.  My cousin just reminded me of the shop in Winnipeg: "Sled Dog"  which was a cool folky place a few years ago that sold weird guits.  Now they are a real shop that sells the usual gear you see everywhere.

This is a really old and obscure reference but my cousin reminded me that Ian Thomas (remember him) was a fan of these mail away guitars and used to hunt down used ones and frequented this store.  If you don't remember Ian Thomas he had a few hits in the 80's and is Dave Thomas' brother from SCTV (Bob and Doug MacKenzie).
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

Greeny

I don't recognise it at all. Looks a little like an old Burns / Ampeg Nu-Sonic. I'd have a guess at a kit / self-built guitar.

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

antisocialworker

Blooby

I think I have one as well (my first electric).  I sanded it down and painted a Smurf on the back.  Yes, I dubbed it the Fender Smurfocaster.  I must take a picture of that ugly thing one of these days.

Blooby

OsCKilO

Quote from: Blooby on April 12, 2010, 08:02:11 PMI sanded it down and painted a Smurf on the back.  Yes, I dubbed it the Fender Smurfocaster. 

LOL!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Gnasty

Really? It`s a Woolco/Woolworth? Haha...i bet it`s made better than those Paul Stanley Epiphones!! ..Uugh!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity