HELPWANTED!!! I Need help to identify this guitar!!!

Started by antisocialworker, April 12, 2010, 02:28:44 AM

antisocialworker

A friend gave this to me a few years ago.... I have no knowledge of its age/make/value etc.
I have used it to record a few songs....it sounds great, other than a bit of static when toggling between pick-ups...its older, Im not %100 but it looks at least 35-40 years old.
theres no logos or any other identification markings on it. although they could have worn off.
the pickups look like they have copper sheet metal inside
and it looks like you can adjust the action right from the front of the guitar.

If anyone has even the slightest idea of what this is, or could be
please msg me, or reply to this. I would appreciate it.

thanks.

Below is a video of me showing the guitar the best I can....its sorta dark but its the best I can do right now..

Johnny

IanR

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Sorry, I'm pretty damn old and even I couldn't spot it. Good hunting.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

antisocialworker

Tony W

I don't know what guitar that is, but you could pass for Dane Cook's brother.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

antisocialworker

SteveB

ASW - It looks as though it's based on the Fender Jaguar. Other than that...er, good hunting!
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

upsetminded

I had to check your profile to make sure you were from Canada.  The reason being is in the 50's to late 60's there was a company in the prairies where you could mail away for kits and build them yourself.  I know because my cousin and own a couple.  I have an old archtop, but I have seen one like yours and it was a mail away kit.  I can't remember the name of the company but we found them used at a shop in Winnipeg.  I've been trying to track down the origin of mine for a couple years.  What I heard from the guy who sold them to us was that that the beauty of these kits were that they were usually bought and built by guys who knew what they were doing so they were customized like crazy with little gadgets like yours.
Cool find I think.
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

upsetminded

Oh yeah and none of them came with logos.  Mine has a etched in logo by the dude who put it together but all the others I have seen come with no identifiers.
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

antisocialworker

cool thanks man...how did yours sound?
I thought it might have been a brand name due to its brilliant sound