"play all my songs"

Started by antisocialworker, April 10, 2010, 10:32:15 PM

antisocialworker

anyone know how to add a song to this list...I've been trying to add a song thats missing off my list called "blue reign on a metal swing"
would love to have my list "complete" for quick reference

64Guitars

You can't manually change your playlist. It's all automatic. When you click "Play all my songs", it queries the database for a list of all of your messages that have MP3 attachments. It then builds a temporary playlist for the player. This list is discarded after each use, so there's no way to edit it.

But the good news is that I know why "Blue Reign On A Metal Swing" is not in your playlist and it's easy to fix. The file you attached to that message is an HTML file rather than an MP3. When you posted it back in January, I fixed it for you by finding the song on RiffWorks and linking to it. However, the "Play all my songs" feature only works with attached files, not external linked files. So, the way to fix it is to attach the actual MP3 file to your message instead of the HTML file that's there now. Then you can remove the [singlemp3][/singlemp3] line that I added in January.

I could fix it for you but I thought maybe you'd like to try it yourself so that you'll understand why it's not working and how to fix it. The original post is here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=5860.msg73229#msg73229

By the way, the song title that gets displayed in the "Play all my songs" jukebox is just the Subject line of the message containing the MP3. So if you want to change any of the song titles in your jukebox, just edit the Subject of the original post. Actually, I just had a look at yours and they're mostly pretty good. But some people have some pretty strange "song titles" in their jukebox.

As an example of one you might want to change, number 29 in your playlist looks like this:

29. ACOUSTIC RECORDING   (FEBRUARY 14, 2008, 04:02:05 AM)

If you go to your original post here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=187.msg1075#msg1075

and change the Subject to "Head Over Heels", then number 29 in your playlist will look like this:

29. "HEAD OVER HEELS"   (FEBRUARY 14, 2008, 04:02:05 AM)

One of these days I'll figure out how to stop it from changing everything to uppercase (I hate that).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

antisocialworker

cool....thanks alot man.. much appreciated!