Sleeping With The Ghost - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, April 08, 2010, 12:57:03 PM

djbride

Great song, nice work on the lyrics and I love the chord progression. Production and mix really make this song special.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

Greeny

What a voice! What a song! This is meticulous, beautiful, and totally wonderful. It's so good that it sounds like a cover of a timeless classic. Which is what it should be. Any band or songwriter - even hugely famous ones - would be proud of this. It's immense. To tell you the truth, it makes me want to re-think what I'm doing with my own songs, lol. 

Greeny

I'm listening again and taking more of the words in this time. The lyrics are incredible. I love this song!

Redler

A superb tune, performance, production and what else. Beautiful melody and your voice is excellent. I loved the harmonies, especially!!

Kari

edit: lost my first post somwhere...
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Quote from: Greeny on April 12, 2010, 07:25:06 AMWhat a voice! What a song! This is meticulous, beautiful, and totally wonderful. It's so good that it sounds like a cover of a timeless classic. Which is what it should be. Any band or songwriter - even hugely famous ones - would be proud of this. It's immense. To tell you the truth, it makes me want to re-think what I'm doing with my own songs, lol. 

Cheers for that :)

I was actually completely rethinking what I was doing with songs myself back in 1993/4 (it cost my marriage by the end of 94... so beware!! :D)

I was looking at telling different stories, of being more inventive.

I also started looking at not accepting the first version that popped out of nowhere, of fighting with it and cutting/modifying it ruthlessly so that it told a more coherrent story.

And I was trying really hard to find more interesting melody lines - both melodically and rhythmically - than I'd been putting up with before.

Some of it worked, some of it didn't, but after a few months I felt like I was a much more consistent songwriter.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Pamala

what a production! I love how you create images with your voice and words ( I listened without another window/program running!   :D ) Phantomish...

Saijinn Maas

Looks like another one I missed...

This is incredible! The feeling you convey in the vox is fantastic, and the harmonies are astounding!

Even on the first time I listened to it, I kept trying to figure out how I could cover it ;)   heh

Blooby

Just wanted to let you know I have come back to this one regularly.  While the talent on this site is tremendous, it is still a rarity for a song to take me somewhere else entirely, and that's what this tune does to me.

Just love it.

Blooby

chapperz66

Quote from: Blooby on April 19, 2010, 09:27:28 PMJust wanted to let you know I have come back to this one regularly. 

And me.  This needs to stay top of the page for a while longer so I can find it more easily.

Paul

Pipes

..Paul Chapperz..put me on to you...
..i can see why..love it, love it!..you should be earning big bucks out there...

What mic do you use?..it has a rich sound

the nuts..
Nick