"Cool" by Krasi :)

Started by Krasi, April 05, 2010, 05:24:35 PM

Krasi

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Well, after some long busy days at work I finally got the time to finish a song:)
I also listened to some of the new songs uploaded here - there is soo much going on and I will have to catch up. Hope to have a lot more free time to have fun with my MBR as I barely touched it since I bought it couple of months ago...

[soundclick]8988669[/soundclick]
recorder
Boss BR-80

Geir

If you've barely touched your mbr, I'm really looking forward to the time when you embrace it, 'cause this is REALLY Cooooooool !!!!

Great song, great voice, great arrangement, great playing  !!!

Love that bass !

Man you have a great voice !!

More please !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Nelson

Yes you are and this song is too cool. I also love the arrangement and you deliver your vocals with the coolness/cockiness of David Bowie.
Well Done..
Keep it up...
-Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Oldrottenhead

great 1st post, cant wait to hear some more stuff from you.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

lg

This sounds really good to me.
The only thing I would change, is I would bring up the vox...
I can't hear your vox well, as it is a little buried in the mix.
This is an awesome 1st post!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

chapperz66

Very good first song Krasi although I would agree you should bring the vocals up in the mix a tad to help with the clarity. 

I even like the bits of string noise.

Paul

Gary F

Nice job!! Great voice!!! I agree with the others, bring the vox up a little in the mix!!!
Great playing and songwriting!!!

Gary

Krasi

Thanks for the nice coments. I knew my biggest problem was the vocal but tried different things and it never felt right to me. Im not sure where is the problem but it always feels very thin and it doesnt sit well in the mix. I always wonder what is the best way to record vocals and maybe you all could help with hints and tricks. I really would like to learn how could I improve the quality of my recordings.
Just a question: I was thinking to buy one of those little stereo mics - would that help?
recorder
Boss BR-80

launched

Excellent song - I love it. Great playing and killer songwriting!

I think the vox are great, and if you feel you can't get them to sit right in the mix a little compression and some cut on the low end would help a lot. They don't sound thin to me - I think its more not being able boost the levels because the bass frequencies would cause clipping (I've been there, bro. Also, read AndyR's posts. Especially where he gives advice on recording vocals and guitar).

Just had another listen - I really like this song a lot!

Peace,

Mark

Edit:

I wouldn't worry about buying an external mic just yet. The onboard mic is very good once you get to know it. OldRottenHead, Geir, Greeny and others are having great results with it. And recording two tracks and panning them works a lot better than recording in stereo anyway, IMHO.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Redler

Great post Krasi! I like this very much, it sounds so fresh to me. I wanna hear more...

-Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR