Hello from Kev

Started by Kevin Mammoth, April 05, 2010, 05:55:47 AM

Kevin Mammoth

Hello out there, this is my first post.  I am a guitarist and DIY recorder, with a very modest little home recording set up. I played in a band with some school mates in my teens, which was an alarmingly long time ago.  After that I contented myself with strumming an acoustic, until the home recording explosion reignited my interest in rocking out.  My recording skills are very dodgy, but I enjoy it nevertheless. I have been dipping into this site in recent weeks and have been blown away by the originality and quality of the songs.  I never know what to expect when I hit play.  And now that I have worked out how to make a post I will be able to leave some comments post some tunes.  Cheerio - Kev
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

Gary F

Hello Kevin ,welcome aboard!! I'm fairly new here also. This is a wonderful place to learn and to share your music and to make friends with music lovers from all over the world. I love this place!!There is a wealth of knowledge and some wonderful people on this site,not to mention some awesome music !!! So post your music and enjoy the ride!!!

Gary

Bluesberry

welcome aboard Kev, your story sounds similar to mine and just about everybody esle on here.  You will fit in real fine here.  I am looking forward to hearing your music.  What do you have for recording gear?  Like a lot of the folks on here, I am a Boss man  (Boss BR-1200 and microBR).  We are all a little dodgy but that doesn't stop us from having the time of our lives recording music.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

chapperz66

Hi Kevin and welcome.  The people here are very friendly, helpful and full of encouragement/advice. 

Paul

Redler

Welcome Kevin! I agree with Paul above. It is true and that's why I like it here!

- Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Welcome Kevin, my recording skills were not even dodgy when I joined this site, they were non existant!! Everyone on this site will provide you with any advice you need in this respect and looking forward to hearing your music.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kevin Mammoth

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome - like many on this site I'm a Boss user, I have a BR1600, which I have been getting to know for about 3 years or so - my, where did all that time get to??...
I'm looking forward to hearing more tunes and posting a few myself - cheerio from Kev
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

Oldrottenhead

hi kevin welcome aboard. looking forward to hearing some music from you.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Welcome Kev! Just listened to your punkfest contribution, and loved it! You've come to the right place, this IS a great place to evolve as a "recording artist" :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Groundy

Hi Kev, and welcome aboard..........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs