dont think

Started by Oldrottenhead, August 19, 2008, 03:26:44 PM

Oldrottenhead

TH1NK_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
hi guys,
following my elaborate collaboration with hoop, i thought ok oldrottenhead lets get slapdash ,

its bin a while but why dont you try and make some music of your own again, cos you know of late ive bin jumping onto other peoples stuff and adding lyrics and vox.

the main reason being i have limited musical abilities, but i think i'm not bad at pulling lyrics out of the hat, re my singing when i keep it in pitch its nearly ok.

i'd also been reading posts about cheap bass guitars and boss effect pedals that can make your guitar sound like a bass, i put a reply there in that i record the bass part on guitar transfer it to cubase and use pitchshift to drop it an octave and voila u have a bass.

well my intention tonight was to do just that, i put the mbr on with a rnb drum loop and picked out a simple bass riff with the intention of cubase pitchshift etc u get the drift. but i never got round two that, then i played at the most, two chords, (well not even chords 1 string held dow and strumming then lifting finger off) add nauseum.
i thought sounds no bad, then added a vox,(excuse the dishwasher i think it can be heard at times.

so anyway this is a kwik sketch is very sparse, (inspired by steves bare naked brain damage)
it is a drumloop, when i get round to it i will build a new drum track to go with it, top string of guitar as bass, and 2 chords strummed, twice but at different pitches, then a vocal track. so there is tons of room for anyone wanting to put stuff on top of it. ok here is the first draft for lyric.and then the song.

jings i can go one eh?
lyrics:
Dont Think

i've done it all, i thought i knew the score
i thought i'd seen it all before
i should know better, well i do know now
you'll never know how things turn out

i dont think you'll ever know
coz you don't want to
coz you don't have to
coz you don't need to

you don't think
you don't think

i had to learn to eat that humble pie
or i could never look you in the eye
i should know better, well i do know now
you'll never know how things turn out

coz you don't want to
coz you don't have to
coz you don't need to

you don't think
you don't think
you don't think
you don't think
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

think002
Time:
Volume:
took a run at fattening up the bass and a rough spacey slide-
hope ya like it

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

yah on second listen i think i can do better-i'll try again tomorrow

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

Think 003
Time:
Volume:
Should be in bed for my second nightshift  >:( but could not resist ... lol! All my gear is in the bedroom so out of bounds (She is asleep) so added a simple synth part using Cubase and Audition.

BTNS

Hi. I like a lot of your posts. A good job again. I feel a taste of The Cure here.
Kind regards,
Beto

Oldrottenhead

not sure about the slide guitar ron.

steve synth bit sits nice.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

ya- i agree nix the slide-i may try something else- i'm in the grueling part of my schedule -but i'll try to get to it soon-

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Indiana

Think_04
Time:
Volume:
w/ Bass  ;D

<><

Oldrottenhead

hi guys this is getting interesting, if possible could you post your additions as a track ie, steveg just post the synth bit etc so i can mess and mix. guitarron, i think we need another slide, uno how fussy i am from past experience so dont take offence,
signed
yon enfant terriblee
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

It is shaping up innit, bass fits great and tho Ron's part sounded fine to me I am sure he can improve as he says. Can tart that synth part up if you want, knocked it up at 7.00am after a 12 hr night shift. Personally think it works as is tho.