Ooh-aah (It's So Easy) - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, April 04, 2010, 04:34:06 PM

AndyR

OOO_AAH
Time:
0:00
Volume:
First music post in a while from me... and a little rougher round the edges than usual

It's not really a song, but it kinda turned into one... sort of... more of a jingle (or a jangle)... it's only 1:40 long.

It's the first thing I've recorded with my new BR1600. I used this project to transfer my Boss knowledge over from the MBR and to learn how to use the thing. Before I knew it, I'd started adding all kinds of stuff and it turned into this huge wall of sound :D

It started out with one strat, which I used for 4 basic rock n roll electrics, two accoustics, and a bass part... I'm quite impressed with the accoustic and bass simulation - I wish this, the bass particularly, was on the MBR.

The drums are just patterns from the BR, plus one I created step-wise to get a crash at the end (somehow the later over-dubs have kind of only vaguely gone with the spirit of the thing ::) - it was my missus's main comment on her first listen...)

Then I wondered what I could get going with some vocals.... remember this was just a learning project at the time... So, ummm, I got an old SM58 out and proceeded to quickly record a large number of voices... that's when it got the title.

I experimented with some interesting panning and then flanging of the vox on the second chorus. It was actually even more experimental than this... the title was originally "Ooh-Aah Ukka-Ukka-Ukka (It's So Easy)", but the Ukka-Ukkas, effective as they were in all their glorious panning across the stereo field, turned out to sound just a little too avant-garde for my liking when I listened to it the next day ::). So I wiped them, much to my wife's relief...

That left me with what to do with the second "verse"... I still didn't think of it as a song and didn't want to write any lyrics. Solution: A nice guitar solo, I thought... I'll do it before the in-laws arrive for the Easter Saturday visit...

So I got out my Brian May Red Special that my missus got me for christmas... That was sometime yesterday morning... and, Oh dear, did we have lot of fun over the last few days with a Brian May guitar, a single BR guitar patch, and almost unlimited tracks... 8)

So, ladies and gentlemen, the massed choirs and geetars of Tootynge proudly present... this 1 minute 40 seconds wall of noise...

... I'm REALLY gonna have fun with this new box of tricks  ;D ;D 8)

"Ooh-aah (It's So Easy)"
Words and music by AndyR
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

who let phil spectre outta jail. what a wall of sound now i'm really wet andy.

totally awesome and way too short. fmgwabp
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Tootynge Bec?

Huge and so amazingly airy. How much did you cram in and still leave room for the listener? Its magic.

Brill lol!

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

SwanSong

HI great song . this rock s great harmonies.
super job. big thumbs up . TC      Neil
enjoyed it a bunch!!!

cuthbert

Man, I love this - it reminds me of the kind of hook-laden vocal lines like Sweet or T. Rex used to do.

Anthemic!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

hooper

Great sound!  Gonna be interesting to hear how you and this new magic box progress from here.  Looking forward to more!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Bluesberry

Really good Andy for just fooling around.  The whole thing has a Queen vibe.  This machine was made for you.  What's next. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

antisocialworker

loved it. but way too short.
great vocal harmonies!
intro was awesome

six harvest

Hi Andy,

this sounds professional, good Start with the BR 1600 8)

Regards,

Six Harvest
recorder
Boss BR-600

six harvest