Brain Damage - Unplugged and naked!!!!

Started by SteveG, August 18, 2008, 06:05:14 AM

SteveG

Some time back I took my acoustic to a party, leant it against a wall, and one of my kids decided to use it as a climbing frame .. SNAP!!!!  >:( Not to be done out of a jam I reattached the bolt on neck using matchsticks in the holes that the bolts had pulled out of, worked, but with an atrocious action and very poor playability...
Having recently changed the neck on a Strat(ish) that I am modding, decided to dig it out and have a proper go, drilled new holes in a diamond shape, shimmed the neck, and it plays better than it did before it was broken!
Don't know how long it will last as the whole thing is in pretty bad shape, but nice to have it back.

I have not done any processing on this apart from a touch of compression and some reverb at mixdown, hence the "naked" ... feel quite vulnerable posting it  :-\

hooper

Hey Steve...
I like this a lot!  IMHO Much better than 'Alice' Steve.  :D

What kind of acoustic guitar is that? I assume this is the on-board mic?  Sounds really good I but can only wish that it was stereo.  You seem to be handy with putting things together... if you can handle a soldering iron you really should have a go at building a stereo mic.

I might try and put some more on this...

Hoop
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Indiana

Quote from: SteveG on August 18, 2008, 06:05:14 AM... leant it against a wall, and one of my kids decided to use it as a climbing frame .. SNAP!!!!

So, it's _not_  just my kids  ???

You do well unplugged and naked. This sounds great.
rod
<><

Oldrottenhead

great stuff steve,sounds like alan hull singing this one, be interesting to hear what hoop might add.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

PhilFromIT

Nice Steve, I've always loved that song. You finger pick very well.

-Phil

SteveG

Thanks everybody!

Feel free Hoop, love to hear what you can do with it!

Funny enough I have been playing Lyndersfarne stuff all day....

guitarron

Man, it's a good thing it had a bolt on-what a mess-i would went ballistic-it sounds good-hope it holds up for you
Quote from: SteveG on August 18, 2008, 06:05:14 AMI reattached the bolt on neck using matchsticks in the holes that the bolts had pulled out of, worked, but with an atrocious action and very poor playability...

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

Quote from: hooper on August 18, 2008, 06:36:13 AMHey Steve...
I like this a lot!  IMHO Much better than 'Alice' Steve.  :D

What kind of acoustic guitar is that? I assume this is the on-board mic?  Sounds really good I but can only wish that it was stereo.  You seem to be handy with putting things together... if you can handle a soldering iron you really should have a go at building a stereo mic.

I might try and put some more on this...

Hoop

Oops, missed the questions...

It is this guitar, well, not this one cos it aint broken lol!

http://www.fetishguitars.com/html/italiane/melody70/KD28.html

Apparently made in the Eko factory.

As for the mike, I do have one of the little Sony jobs, but I find the built in mike better. Might try to build one of them clever tennis racket thingies tho, that seemed to work real well.

hooper

Okay, Steve.  I just tried to add some accompaniment without spoiling the straightforward presentation you had down already. Anyway, it was fun sitting in for a while transatlanticly.   :)

Never heard of that guitar but if it's a 'fetishguitar' it must be special.  Sounds good though.

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

SteveG

I like it! Will have a proper listen on cans when I get off night shift (On my way now  :-[) and get back.