"I Forgot" - original by Ted

Started by Ted, March 29, 2010, 12:37:53 PM

Rata-tat-tat

recorder
Tascam DP-02

Blooby

The first two lines are a classic.  A great listen.

Blooby

Ted

Quote from: launched on March 29, 2010, 07:46:51 PMI'm wondering if this might just need to be remixed/normalized. I can't tell for sure, but the vocals might just be suffering from "digital heat" and not clipping. The rest of the tracks sound great, especially the bass line. I noticed that Dave and Nigel picked up on the cool bass as well (Obviously).

A complete redo is the only option.  I no longer have access to the raw files or the Korg PXR4. 

I'm surprised that the bass part is such a standout.  I don't remember putting much thought into it.

Thanks everybody.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Redler

This sounds great and so fresh, Ted! I really like this!

- Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pamala

i really enjoyed this...like sittin in a coffeehouse sippin a latte and discoverying an amazing talent. The pureness of acoustic always gets me. Love the lyrics as well.

Tony W

Pamela, great bump!

I can't believe that I don't have a post on this one yet. Hum out of key all you like, this was fantastic.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Thanks for the bump!  I'm still thinking of re-recording this one from scratch.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

hooper

Nice song!  It's entertaining.... always easier to pay attention when the song tells a story. 
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Geir

Before I forget: On this day bump !!

Now that you're finished moving, maybe time for re-recording it Ted ? Such a great song, but the distorted vocals get a bit annoying after the 5th listen in a row ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

Thanks for the bump! I've been kind of scarce. Not doing very well with my two-songs-a-month goal either.  It probably wouldn't be too hard to re-record this. Maybe after I do my taxes.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac