"I Forgot" - original by Ted

Started by Ted, March 29, 2010, 12:37:53 PM

Flash Harry

It's a good song. Despite the recording issues, its a really good song.

Re-record it!!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Gary F

This is really good stuff Ted!!! Great song !! Great performance!!!

Gary

Oldrottenhead

what was it i was gonna say about this one, ted jog my memory glands.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

antisocialworker

reminded me of blue rodeo or something
nice tune man

Ferryman

Agree, it's a really good song, re-record it. Or cover it someone! The guitar parts are really clever, some lovely chord sequences that go so well with the bass. The lyrics are great as well, some nice little twists.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

lg

Get off your lazy chair, and re-record it!
It is a good one and well worth it!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Ted

Quote from: antisocialworker on March 29, 2010, 04:05:31 PMreminded me of blue rodeo or something
nice tune man

I don't think I've ever heard of Blue Rodeo before.  I'm checking them out now, and liking what I'm hearing.  Thanks for the tip--and for the comparison.

Re. Rerecording: I'll be moving twice in the next three months (current house/temporary house/new house), so I won't have much time for recording of any kind.  Now, if Satchwood would just drive up from Phoenix and help me move, I might be able to get in some studio time.

I'd be happy and honored to provide anyone with all the chords and words if they want to cover it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

djbride

Really great song Ted, I love the chord progression and the lyrics are outstanding. I really like the line "I'm nothing if not forgetful and something else I can't remember"'
I am glad my song jogged your memory to post this song, and the recording isn't that bad. When you do get setlled in your new home you really should re-record it. Nice work on this one.
Lyrics are really amusing.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

launched

Sweet tune, Tedley!

I'm wondering if this might just need to be remixed/normalized. I can't tell for sure, but the vocals might just be suffering from "digital heat" and not clipping. The rest of the tracks sound great, especially the bass line. I noticed that Dave and Nigel picked up on the cool bass as well (Obviously).

Hey, it might save you from gathering up gear and it seems that worst case scenario you may have to punch-in the vox in a few small places.

Either way, a fine tune. I like it.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SwanSong

HI TED
LOVELY song . geat stumming of guitar and great vocals'
lyrics pain a very picturesque picture. and images..........
remind s me a bit of the song BREKFAST AT TIFFANYS
AN OLD 80S SONG. but your s has a whole new style
and sound. take care NEIL........Emjoyed it ...............