"I Forgot" - original by Ted

Started by Ted, March 29, 2010, 12:37:53 PM

Ted

01 I Forgot
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This kind of old, but not ancient.  Recorded in 2007.

Before I got my Micro BR, a friend of mine lent me his 4-track microrecorder. (I think it was a Korg PXR4.)  The recording quality is pretty bad.  I didn't know what I was doing.  But it was from recording this song that I became convinced that I could do what I wanted to do without a DAW.

This song expresses similar sentiments to djbride's song Give Me Back My Peace Of Mind:

Quote from: djbride on March 28, 2010, 06:06:14 PMLove, they say is a wonderful thing worth fighting for,
And I know someday I will find my love but baby it ain't you,

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Frank53

It was awfully nice of you to write a song about me, Ted. LOL! I love it. Great lyrics and some real nice changes. Great performance too. Very well done! What was the name of it again???  ???

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Geir

Great song Ted!!

Glad you did this recording and bought your br !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

this is sounding great ted but i'm not in a good environment for listening so will download to piepod for a proper hearing but sounds great to me, so dont understand your comment "the recording quality is pretty bad" will feedback once i get a chance to listen undisturbed.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

I Love the feel of this song Ted!!!!

This style suits you real well!

Awesome Stuff Ted!

Peace

T(OsCKilO)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

I thought the Recording was Great by the way!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

This is a deadly Alt.country gem Ted, really sounds good to me.  You are singing with such power here.  The guitars are great, the bass is really perfect.  Just a super fine song and recording Ted.  Seriously.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Really great song enjoyed it very much indeed, sounds like a good recording to me.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Gritter

Fresh and familiar all at once...good lyrics and great performace...nice and sparce.

Ted

Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 29, 2010, 01:58:17 PMso dont understand your comment "the recording quality is pretty bad" will feedback once i get a chance to listen undisturbed.

I don't totally hate it, or I wouldn't have put it up.  This song falls in the category of, "I'm kind of dissatisfied with it, but I'm also too lazy to rerecord it."

For starters: The vocals clip.  The acoustic guitar could sound better. In the beginning, you can hear me humming off-key, trying to find the right note to start.

I just reckon that it would sound much better if I were to record it again today--knowing what I've learned in the last three years, and with the gear I've acquired.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac