Vote for the APRIL 2010 Songcrafters Festival

Started by 64Guitars, March 28, 2010, 04:14:06 PM

64Guitars

Sure! Any kind of punk rock is fine. Originals, covers, tributes, backing track jams, unplugged, parodies, pirate-punk, punk rap, chipmunk punk, ...   anything done in the punk rock style.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Blooby

64Guitars

Maybe you and Geir should collaborate on a punk cover of a Zappa song.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

T.C. Elliott

Gotta question on the festivals. If I have a song I've already written and recorded but it fits the festival criteria is it okay to post, frowned upon to post, encouraged to post, or looked the other way  if posted ... or even possibly taunted mercilessly if posted?

Or some other option I've not contemplated.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

64Guitars

All previous posts that fit the criteria for the current festival are welcome and will be added to the festival jukebox. However, rather than re-posting the same song or starting a new topic for it, I'd prefer that you just bring it to my attention. There are a few ways you could do that:

• Bump your existing topic by adding a new message to it saying "Hey, I think this qualifies for the current festival" or whatever.
  • Add the current festival name to the subject of the first message in your original topic. That way, it will come up in a search for "PunkFest" or whatever the current festival name is.
  • Send me a PM asking me to add your previous post to the current festival jukebox.
  • Any combination of the above.

Also, if you notice any previous posts of other members that would qualify for the current festival, please let me know and I'll add them to the jukebox. Include a link to the previous post so I can find it quickly.

The same goes for previous festivals. If you happen to spot any songs that qualified for previous festivals such as NeilFest, Unplugged Fest, TributeFest, etc. which I missed, please point them out so I can add them to the appropriate festival jukebox. It's never too late.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

T.C. Elliott

Good deal. I've actually not posted this song, but I wrote it and recorded it last summer. I'll add it tomorrow. Thanks for the quick response.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Geir

Quote from: Blooby on April 03, 2010, 05:10:50 AM
Quote from: Geir on March 30, 2010, 12:56:02 PM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 30, 2010, 12:15:46 PMgotta be punk
no it's not. It's gotta be Zappa ;D

I'm the other peon who went for Zappa. 

(sigh)

Blooby
And I thought it was Ted !! ??? !!

Well Blooby, we must not give up !!!

Next time !! "I'm sure! Totally !"

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on April 03, 2010, 10:58:07 AMMaybe you and Geir should collaborate on a punk cover of a Zappa song.

hmm .. now there's a thought !!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........