The Demoiselle D'ys

Started by Ferryman, March 28, 2010, 02:41:08 PM

Diego Ayala

WOW!  Nigel you are an inspiration!!!  It has taken me a while to get back to this site, and now I am kicking myself for it - it will take an eternity -1 to catch up and download so much music!

I have no excuse with my br900 - sh*t man, I have been screwing around with 4-6 tracks on and off for the last 9 months!  I still refuse to use a metronome and learn how to run percussion.

TOTALY AWESOME = ALL AROUND!!!!!!  It pays to be patient w/ music......

Ferryman

I'm well behind on posts and just saw you kind souls keep bumping this and there are still more comments! Thank you all very much, the feedback really serves as a great inspiration for me. Diego, thanks for the kind words and yes, patience is definitely a virtue the way I work! And as for Mr Cameron listening to this and singing in pidgin English, I dread to imagine it.....

I am planning track 3 in this series but I am seriously considering waiting until I get a BR-800, which looks possible (although they are not out until June).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

I found the audiobook of The Demoiselle D'Ys as a free download here:
http://abmp3.com/download/2079921-the-demoiselle-d-ys.html

I'll be listening to it sometime today or tomorrow in the car during 13 hours of driving I'll be doing.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Johnbee

Nigel, I LOVE this!! 8)
This is soooooo cool, in every way.  Production, performance, mix,singing, everything.  This is one of those recordings when I think "Wow man! I wish that was ME!!"

Small nit.  I'm hearing a bit of clipping on the lead guitar during it's solo, but that's no real biggie.  It doesn't take away much from the overall quality of the track.

There's so much talent on this forum I'm awestruck! 8)

Does everybody (or most) here use the Micro BR?  I'm just curious.  I have nothing against the machine.  In fact, I'm very impressed with the quality that such a small machine delivers and I'm really glad to be able to hear such a large sampling of its abilities.  It just seems like most of the songs I've encounter here so far were done on it.

Once again, Awesome job, Nigel!

;) John B.

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Oldrottenhead

QuoteDoes everybody (or most) here use the Micro BR?
the site initially began as a forum for micro br users, as microrecorders.org but has evolved into songcrafters.org. it has been fun watching it grow
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Johnbee

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 15, 2010, 04:40:24 AM
QuoteDoes everybody (or most) here use the Micro BR?
the site initially began as a forum for micro br users, as microrecorders.org but has evolved into songcrafters.org. it has been fun watching it grow

I thought as much! ;)  Like I said, that's cool.  Most music forums I've seen started out as "product specific" and later branched out to include a more general base of users.  In fact, I kinda remember checking this one out when it was microrecorders.org.  On a previous forum where I posted (which started out as covering the Zoom PS04) I first saw a post a year or two ago by a person who used the MicroBR.  I was blown away when I saw how small the thing was in comparison to the size of the sound.  I always wondered how you guys plug an electric guitar into it.  I would think that needs an adapter of some kind. Or is it impossible to go direct into it?

;) JB

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

des0free

I've been away for a while, and am slowly going back through posts now.  Saw that this one had 5+ pages of responses, so had to listen.  I'm blown away.  Everthing is perfect about this.  Tone, voice.  I have to admit, I don't understand the French, but this is a powerful song.  There are influences, but this song is also unique in style. It is a major feat of organization to do so many bounces and not mess up.  I once tried to do 2 bounces and ended up deleting my vocal track. . .

Bottom line:  This song and production RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

I haven't been too active here for awhile. Right now I've got too many demands in my life, and in six months I'll look back and wonder how I managed them all.

Sometimes when I'm doing some mundane task while listening to music, I can focus on the music better than if I were doing nothing else but listening to music.  Yesterday evening I was washing dishes, when this song came through.  I realized that I had to steal the time to log on and say...

bump.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Greeny

One of the all-time songcrafters classics. Super-bump, lol.